Pinball and Arcade show in Marion illinois

To all who may be attending the Marion Pinball show. I will have 8 pins
for sale at this first ever show for Southern illinois. They are
Baywatch, Barbwire, Nightmare on Elm Street, Last Action Hero,
Waterworld, Who Dunnit, Addams FAmily, Jackbot. September 24th, 8a.m.-
10:30 a.m. see you there

rockythree@peoplepc.com wrote in news:1126891591.064107.151920
@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

> To all who may be attending the Marion Pinball show. I will have 8 pins
> for sale at this first ever show for Southern illinois. They are
> Baywatch, Barbwire, Nightmare on Elm Street, Last Action Hero,
> Waterworld, Who Dunnit, Addams FAmily, Jackbot. September 24th, 8a.m.-
> 10:30 a.m. see you there

I got a flyer on this - is this show worth going to? It's not far from
where I live...

I'm mostly looking for parts for SS Bally's.

Any pin show is worth going to if it's local. All we have is Nascar :(

The closest show to me is The York Show, http://www.theyorkshow.com, 4 hours
away from Richmond, VA, but I've gone every year since 2000, and Allentown
many years also, and that's over 5 hours away.

If nobody goes, bye bye show. Those venues to rent aren't free ya know.

If enough people go, you never know what will turn up. You can't plan this
stuff, and that's part of the fun. Remember, there's still a good majority
of pin collectors that have never heard of rgp, and only go online to check
email, using AOL, ugh. My point is, they show up out of the blue and
there's your parts you needed. I remember a couple years ago at York, a guy
showed on Saturday with my Buccaneer em I wanted and several years ago at
Allentown, there was one of the last guys left in the flea market with a
pin, around 1 pm, a 1964 Gottlieb Shipmates pin, my first and only roto
target pin. It needed lots of cleaning, but I got it dirt cheap. I know
for a fact this guy hardly ever went online.

He wanted it gone so he could go home, done deal.

Anyway, go to the show.

Josh
http://www.pingeek.com

"raptor68_428" <raptor68_428_nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> rockythree@peoplepc.com wrote in news:1126891591.064107.151920
> @o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:
>
>> To all who may be attending the Marion Pinball show. I will have 8 pins
>> for sale at this first ever show for Southern illinois. They are
>> Baywatch, Barbwire, Nightmare on Elm Street, Last Action Hero,
>> Waterworld, Who Dunnit, Addams FAmily, Jackbot. September 24th, 8a.m.-
>> 10:30 a.m. see you there
>>

> I got a flyer on this - is this show worth going to? It's not far from
> where I live...
>
> I'm mostly looking for parts for SS Bally's.

Stevem

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2004

Come on man, it's pinball related and not far from where you live?
Drive your ass to the show and play pinball and meet fellow pinball
players/collectors. Where else are you going to get a days worth of
pinball fun for $10?

Steve

raptor68_428 wrote:
> rockythree@peoplepc.com wrote in news:1126891591.064107.151920
> @o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:
>

>>To all who may be attending the Marion Pinball show. I will have 8 pins
>>for sale at this first ever show for Southern illinois. They are
>>Baywatch, Barbwire, Nightmare on Elm Street, Last Action Hero,
>>Waterworld, Who Dunnit, Addams FAmily, Jackbot. September 24th, 8a.m.-
>>10:30 a.m. see you there
>>

> I got a flyer on this - is this show worth going to? It's not far from
> where I live...
>
> I'm mostly looking for parts for SS Bally's.

"raptor68_428" <raptor68_428_nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in

> I got a flyer on this - is this show worth going to? It's not far from
> where I live...
>
> I'm mostly looking for parts for SS Bally's.

Sorry man, but that's a fairly dumb question to ask. Most people would
kill for a show local to them!

Those of us who ARE that lucky need to support their local shows!

alright when i posted this i just wanted to let everyone know what
machines i would bring that i would be willing to part with. As for the
show i guarantee to anyone who comes they will not be disappointed just
check out the list of pins we know are coming for sure @
www.popbumper.supershow.com As for you recieving flyers the good
people in the pinball world have helped us tremendously on getting the
word out. They are far to many for me to mention them all but they are
coming from Chicago, Florida, Michigan so they do have faith in our
ability to put on a good show. I know we wont let them down. So come
out play pinball all day buy a machine talk to dealers swap stories get
tips on fixing machines just have some fun. I hope anyone who is within
3 hours can make it. thanks Steve R.

TheKorn <TheKorn@TheKorn.Net> wrote in news:Xns96D44F2F71B9Fqqwwaass@
207.115.63.158:

> "raptor68_428" <raptor68_428_nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in
>
>> I got a flyer on this - is this show worth going to? It's not far from
>> where I live...
>>
>> I'm mostly looking for parts for SS Bally's.
>
> Sorry man, but that's a fairly dumb question to ask. Most people would
> kill for a show local to them!
>
> Those of us who ARE that lucky need to support their local shows!

Not necessarily a dumb question. I've been to other trade shows over the
years (some free, some not) that WERE NOT what they advertised - either in
subject or size. I know the one in Chicago (pinball expo) is one of the
biggest. I had just never heard of this one, that's all.

And that's what I get for asking -

SteveM <grspec@gmail.com> wrote in news:5JNWe.16917$tc7.8713@fe03.lga:

> Come on man, it's pinball related and not far from where you live?
> Drive your ass to the show and play pinball and meet fellow pinball
> players/collectors. Where else are you going to get a days worth of
> pinball fun for $10?

Well, as I stated - I've been to various expo/trade shows (free or
otherwise) and had them turn out to be either:

A) small w/high admission
B) nothing but a junk/flea market (little to do with the subject matter)

I just never heard of this expo. I know of the one in Chicago (pinball
expo) and how good it is - the Marion one was on a flyer I received when I
bought my MPU rebuild parts.

Just thought I'd ask - :/

>> Those of us who ARE that lucky need to support their local shows!
>
> Not necessarily a dumb question. I've been to other trade shows over
> the years (some free, some not) that WERE NOT what they advertised -
> either in subject or size. I know the one in Chicago (pinball expo) is
> one of the biggest. I had just never heard of this one, that's all.
>
> And that's what I get for asking -

Even so; a guy's putting his butt out there trying to get a show organized
(the FIRST YEAR for said show). While I can understand your trepidation,
it's a few hours out of one day on the first year. If my f'n job wasn't
f'n supergluing me in Chicago (grrrr), I'd make the trip for that reason
alone!

Kind of an offshoot of the addage, "you can't bitch if you don't vote"
thing. Can't complain about the quality of local shows unless you support
your local shows!

> "raptor68_428" <raptor68_428_nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in
>
>>> Those of us who ARE that lucky need to support their local shows!
>>
>> Not necessarily a dumb question. I've been to other trade shows over
>> the years (some free, some not) that WERE NOT what they advertised -
>> either in subject or size. I know the one in Chicago (pinball expo)
>> is one of the biggest. I had just never heard of this one, that's
>> all.
>>
>> And that's what I get for asking -
>
> Even so; a guy's putting his butt out there trying to get a show
> organized (the FIRST YEAR for said show). While I can understand your
> trepidation, it's a few hours out of one day on the first year. If my
> f'n job wasn't f'n supergluing me in Chicago (grrrr), I'd make the
> trip for that reason alone!
>
> Kind of an offshoot of the addage, "you can't bitch if you don't vote"
> thing. Can't complain about the quality of local shows unless you
> support your local shows!

you'd be surprised how many I go to ove the year. If they're good -
great! But nothing hacks me off more to spend my hard-earned cash (even
less of that these days) and have nothing but an overblown flea market.
So, yes I can complain. Also, the original post was not a complaint, just
a simple inquiry.

I'll be there. I just like to get the feel of things before taking the
time. I hope it is good, and lasts - since it's closer than Chicago!

rockythree@peoplepc.com wrote in news:1127004346.892692.165330
@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> alright when i posted this i just wanted to let everyone know what
> machines i would bring that i would be willing to part with. As for the
> show i guarantee to anyone who comes they will not be disappointed just
> check out the list of pins we know are coming for sure @
> www.popbumper.supershow.com As for you recieving flyers the good
> people in the pinball world have helped us tremendously on getting the
> word out. They are far to many for me to mention them all but they are
> coming from Chicago, Florida, Michigan so they do have faith in our
> ability to put on a good show. I know we wont let them down. So come
> out play pinball all day buy a machine talk to dealers swap stories get
> tips on fixing machines just have some fun. I hope anyone who is within
> 3 hours can make it. thanks Steve R.

Sorry 'bout that Steve - I'll start a new thread next time :)

I'll be there.

just go and see if you are close enough. peek inside or watch whats
being brought in if you dont want to spend admission $$$ right away. no
pinball show is local to me. you are lucky to have one near you,
support it and go. promoters who throw these events put alot of time
and effort into it and sometimes they just about break even. they need
our support.
support it guy!
if it werent 12 hours from here, id be there regardless if its the
first show.

TRENDING THREADS