Tags:
  • Configuration
  • Virtual PC
  • Computers
  • Microsoft
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
December 21, 2012 10:25:30 AM

Hi.. I have installed Microsoft Virtual PC in my new sony viao windows 7 computer. Then, I installed XP computer, vista computer and windows 2003 server computer in my MICROSOFT VIRTUAL PC. Now, I want to connect 3 computer in network. so that I can ping each computer with other. I also want to control things in xp and vista computers using windows 2003 computer.

Please suggest me the steps to create network. I am practicing for my MCSE certification. thank you.

More about : connect virtual machines microsoft virtual

Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
December 21, 2012 2:25:56 PM

I am not that familiar with MS virtual PC but what I do know is that it hasn't had much in the way of development in the last 5 years.

Ditch MS Virtual PC and use Oracle Virtulabox, this allows you to create private/host only networks such as you are looking to do.

Just wondering why are you using XP, Vista and 2003 to study, these are old technology and I wouldn't be surprised if the XP and 2003 exams had been retired, and would imagine Vista will be retired soon. Not only that, the currently available MCSE (Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert) is not available on XP/2003 technologies only Server 2008 (for 2008 MCTS and MCITP exams taken after July 2013) and Server 2012.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
December 21, 2012 4:29:12 PM

Yep OVB will allow you to create private networks for testing out server/client configs.
m
l
Related resources
!