Windows 7 won't install on my seagate barracuda st3500418as

diwang99

Honorable
Dec 21, 2012
Hello, everybody. Anyway, I have a problem with my acer m4 series computer. I recently installed backtrack linux and then fedora onto my seagate barracuda st3500418as hard drive. Now I deleted the partition containg grub and the extended partition containing fedora. My windows 7 installation was corrupted all along the way. Now, I want to repair or freshly install windows but it says I need to load my own drivers. Whenever I boot into safe mode or start windows regularly, it flashes a blue screen and then reboots. By the way, I have the installation disk. Thanks for the help in advance

do you need steps on how to install windows?
firstly you go to bios and go to boot order, set your optidal drive as the first one to boot from followed by the hard drive
you pop the cd in you will get a message to press any key to boot from the cd
once you get into windows installation go to advanced settings and select an option to format your hard drive, select the formatted drive to install youw windows into

diwang99

Honorable
Dec 21, 2012
I don't need steps on how to boot into windows, I know how to do that. By the way, I have important documents on the hard drive. If i delete them, my past work will be lost

trnddwn33

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2009
Sounds like windows is asking for hard drive controller drivers during the install. You would have to get these from the manufacturer (Asus) and load them onto a USB or CD to load up when prompted during the install.

diwang99

Honorable
Dec 21, 2012
By the way, I can top up 50 fps on a first person shooter game. (Battlefield Play4free) so I think this computer should be good. Have a intel i5 2.9 Ghz max clock speed: 3.1 Ghz processor. So the computer shouldn't be outdated. I'm accessing this forum from the fedora live cd.