What monitor to buy (shooters)?

demisor

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2012
Hi guys, im planning to buy a new computer, however im stuck on choosing what monitor to get. I'd like to get a 23 inch screen, 1920*1080 resolution, hdmi input and an as low as possible response time, however i'm very limited on cash (about 170 euros). i'd like an e-ips though because i heard that at those sizes of monitors you can already see colour shifting on tn panels and eips's are way cheaper because they also have 6 bit colour reproduction, which i'm fine with! I live in Belgium, if that could help. Could you guys give me any suggestions? (btw i've been looking @ the AOC i2352Vh, is this a good monitor for shooters?)

Thanks!
Demisor

color shifting can occur on any tn panel if viewed off center. on monitors around the 24" and larger (especially 26"+) there can be color shifting around the edges.

e-ips are (6bit) are way cheaper than 8bit ips panels but are more expensive than tn panels.

tn panels offer the lowest response times. honestly though you should not have any issues unless you buy a junk monitor.

--

you might want to read some other threads on "what monitor to buy" for some specific models to look at.

demisor

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2012
i dont think the a 15ms response time will increase ghosting at all compared to a 5ms TN screen, both at 60 hz, or am i totally mistaking here?

if the 15ms the maximum response time then you should not get ghosting in either one. my old viewsonic pro was rated at 16ms (but i think it was faster) and i never had ghosting problems. most e-ips screens seem to be even lower now (8ms to 14ms or so) so i dont think there is a problem.

it seems that most problems occur in cheap no-name brand monitors. i've heard of AOC but have not really seen any info on them around here.