Mb Phantom flip.

Hello; Mike here. I am still not able to get the MB Phantom flip
working. I believe that I have narrowed it down to a software problem.
You spell Phantom, and it awards you the points, and the special gong
noise goes off, but the phantom flip lights never light, and the
phantom flip never activates. The inlane switches, optos, and proximaty
switches are working 100% on both sides. Game has no troubles shown on
boot up. Phantom flip is not disabled in the software. batteries were
removed from CPU for reset. All factory setting were restored. Game
roms were reseated on cpu along with the 84 pin square chip. It seems
to me that there is something that is telling the software that the
phantom flip has a problem, so the software is not activating it. The
phantom flip lights above the inlane work perfect in attract mode, and
test mode, as does all the switches involved. I installed the cpu from
my personal MB which the phantom flip worked perfectly on. At first the
phantom flip worked, but now it will not. I reinstalled my CPU back in
my game, and now my phanton flip does not work. it is exactly the same.
it is like my cpu has picked up the same bug as the other 1. Anybody
ever see something like this? People keep talking about doing a
complete reset. Is there a special way to do this? Any help would be
greatly appreciated. Thanks. Mike.

I think after a full re-set the phantom-flip has to "learn" again for
acertain # of games before it will work. Google the rgp postings as I
believe this has been discussed before.

Hello; Mike here. I understand that the phantom flip has to re - learn
the shots, but it has no way to relearn the shots if it does not
function at all. It has to function to adjust the timing so that it can
make the shots consistently. Mike.

are you sure you dont have it in "tournament mode"?

On 16 Sep 2005 15:13:33 -0700, "turbo" <hpu@comcast.net> wrote:

>Hello; Mike here. I understand that the phantom flip has to re - learn
>the shots, but it has no way to relearn the shots if it does not
>function at all. It has to function to adjust the timing so that it can
>make the shots consistently. Mike.

The game can't learn on it's own, because if the shot isn't perfect,
it can't tell which post it hit. Addams Family's "Thing Flips" has
standup targets above and below the Graveyard shot, so the game can
learn and auto-adjust based on which target got hit.

Monster Bash can't do that ... the game only learns how to make the
shots by watching you play. Play 10 games, and do your best to make
as many shots as you can as the ball comes down the inlane. This will
trigger all three switches: the inlane switch, the opto switch, and
the proximity sensor. As you make these shots, the game records the
switch timing and flipper usage. Once enough data is accumulated,
then it will start lighting the "Phantom Flip" feature.

Try it and see how it goes. My MB picked up enough data after less
than 5 games.

--
| ÁTTACK FROM MÁRS: Come here, tasty human!! |

martin

Mine gets running after relatively few games. Fast enough that you
might not realize it didn't work on the first few games. It is also
quite accurate to start with, and then deteriorates to the condition
that we know. Time for another reset...

(although the prox sensors do need to be tightened up, the plastic
retainers aren't in good shape)