Inspiron 8100 Svideo

I'm posting for a friend. He has an Inspiron 8100 notebook. He can
view DVD's, but would like to send the video out to a television, via
the Svideo connection. Is there a function key, or setup change to
permit this?
GTB

The organic entity known as Gregory T. Buchar communicated the following:

> I'm posting for a friend. He has an Inspiron 8100 notebook. He can
> view DVD's, but would like to send the video out to a television, via
> the Svideo connection. Is there a function key, or setup change to
> permit this?

In the settings tab of the display properties you can choose a second
display. Best to set the resolution to 800x600.

It looks worse than via the laptop's own screen though.

Hans

The organic entity known as Gregory T. Buchar communicated the
following:

> Thanks for the reply. He did find the settings and got it to work.
>
> I'm curious, what happens if the resoulution is not set to 800x600?
> Will it still work, but with diminished quality?
>
> GTB

If set higher, you will just see the top left hand part of the movie ;)

Hans