mainly office and meeting, sometimes studies microsoft office, adobe acrobat, online browsing sometimes a game like assasins creed 2 ,pop ,crysis but i don't really need high graphics as long as the game runs smoothly without glitches. The laptop need to support games for the next two years smoothly.
if u have suggestions for a good build laptop would appreciate it i had short listed asus u45jc. i live in india and the b series isn't available. i wanted a thinkpad type build the but thinkpad is costly with this kind of config so i choose the b53 which isnt available so i landed up on u45jc which is available and comparatively cheaper.
i like asus i never had issue and i never went for others as i heard glitches from my friends and colleagues about other brands so prefer staying in the safe zone.
i can spend about $1000 about 75-80k indian rupees.
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
a 14 or 15 inch
3. What screen resolution
do you want?
not an issue should be good
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
5. How much battery life do you need?
a long life about at least or more than 6hrs
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
crysis warhead, pop 2010, assasins creed brotherhood(to be released) and similar games
settings are not important as they run smoothly glitch free
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)
movies, office work, microsoft office, acrobat reader etc some time autocad and solid works to check projects recieved but i dont work on them.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
i can change the hard disk as per usage so not an issue just open the cap and stick in the new small hard disk
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
no i prefer to take from the official retailer here as online products sometimes have warranty issues here which i have already faced
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
about 2 to 3 years
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
dvd writer at least
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
i like asus thinkpad strong build, balanced with quality and performance.
i dont like acer sony and apple heard and had bad troublesome experience using them. every person here owns a dell so i dont like it. you find them every where kind of an eyesore.
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
gaming is not a priority in my usage but i do spend time in middle instead of sitting bored i prefer playing games and refreshing my perspective and mood. its always good to enter a meeting in a pleasant and happy mood ;-)