Looking for (wireless) webcam or IP cam recommendations for streaming live video

Bryna

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2011
So I am trying to set up a "foal cam" in my barn. When I have done this before, I used a logitech quickcam usb webcam, with my desktop computer in the tackroom next to the stall, ran the cable through a hole in the wall. Then I used can hosting software to stream my video, and happily enjoyed watching my mares on my laptop from anywhere, as well as sharing the experience with friends, family and customers.

Since the last time I used this set up, four years ago, I have moved, and keeping a computer in the barn does not seem like a good idea at this point. So, I am hoping to find either a wireless webcam with a long enough range, or a wireless IP cam. The foaling stall is about 200ft from my computer and router, and the barn has a metal skin. Glancing line of sight, there is a dead juniper tree in the way as well.

So, is there a wireless webcam with a long enough range to deal with this? If not, any recommendations on IP cameras? The barn is within range of my wireless router, so I assume an IP cam should work. I need a fairly wide angle view, color, sound, pan, tile and zoom capabilities and at least low light capability -I can hang a strand of Christmas lights in there, but don't want anything brighter disturbing my mare at night.

Any suggestions? Budget is as low as possible!

Foscam FI8918W Wireless/Wired Pan & Tilt IP/Network Camera with 8 Meter Night Vision and 3.6mm Lens (67° Viewing Angle) - Black NEWEST MODEL (replaces the FI8908W)

http://www.amazon.com/Foscam-FI8918W-Wireless-Network-Viewing/dp/B0046710G6/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1325326901&sr=1-1

31pp725MLkL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

rmbento

Reputable
Jan 7, 2016
that cam using cloud? i need one for connect direct to wireless to my pc like a network offline
exemple
u just cam and pc and u can connect to pc that cam and see cam transmit