Odd conundrum

bushbaby1234

Honorable
Nov 17, 2012
so i recently bought windows 7 home premium and was originally planning on using it and the hdd its installed on in an upcoming build. but today i found out about the 16gb RAM limit of home premium and was wondering my options. the upcoming build will have 32gb ram in it. i bought a system builders license. is there a way to use that system builders license on another hdd and reinstall with windows 7 professional? or is the system builders license drm'ed at 1 all together. or to put it another way can i install with the same key twice of only one is active?

Solution
I think I remember hearing that a system builders license is only capable of being used with home premium. Also yes it is tied to the motherboard so you will have to use the same motherboard with that code, other wise it won't work.
I think I remember hearing that a system builders license is only capable of being used with home premium. Also yes it is tied to the motherboard so you will have to use the same motherboard with that code, other wise it won't work.

Solution