Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Odd conundrum

Last response: in Windows 7
December 21, 2012 12:05:22 PM

so i recently bought windows 7 home premium and was originally planning on using it and the hdd its installed on in an upcoming build. but today i found out about the 16gb RAM limit of home premium and was wondering my options. the upcoming build will have 32gb ram in it. i bought a system builders license. is there a way to use that system builders license on another hdd and reinstall with windows 7 professional? or is the system builders license drm'ed at 1 all together. or to put it another way can i install with the same key twice of only one is active?

More about : odd conundrum

a b $ Windows 7
December 21, 2012 12:15:06 PM

If you already used the OEM license it will be tied to that motherboard. In order to move it to a different system you will have to call Microsoft and see what they can do for you. They should be able to sort this out for you.
m
l
December 21, 2012 12:25:43 PM

so if the license stays with the mobo there will be no problems?
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
December 21, 2012 12:31:00 PM

I think I remember hearing that a system builders license is only capable of being used with home premium. Also yes it is tied to the motherboard so you will have to use the same motherboard with that code, other wise it won't work.
December 21, 2012 12:33:05 PM

Best answer selected by bushbaby1234.
m
l
December 21, 2012 12:33:39 PM

now how do i close this thread lol

edit: it did it on its own after i selected best answer. man am i a noob lol
m
l
!