Sign in with
Your question
Solved

(BSOD minidump files) Windows crashes on waking

Last response: in Windows 7
December 21, 2012 12:39:14 PM

I'll make this short and to the point, I've been having this problem recently were windows would suddenly crash and give me a BSOD when I wake it from sleepmode. Can anyone help me? I have the minidump files that are logged when this occurs. I just need to know what is causing this to happen. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Minidump file.zip
http://www.mediafire.com/?a5xqjocrz9n5n3h

My pc specs:

AMD FX-8320 Vishera 4.6GHz Coolit ECO Liquid cooler

patriot 12GB 2000mhz DDR3 (clocked @1600mhz)

EVGA GTX 660 ti GDDR5 2GB

x2 ASUS VE258Q monitors

GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+AMD 990FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

OCZ Vertex 4 128GB SSD plus Western Digital Caviar Blue Hard Drive 1TB, 7200RPM

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Best solution

a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
December 21, 2012 2:00:27 PM

ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+7efc0 DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL

The kernel attempted to access pageable memory (or perhaps completely invalid memory) when the IRQL was too high. The ultimate cause of this problem is almost certainly a driver that has corrupted the system pool.

These actions might prevent an error like this from happening again:
Download and install updates and device drivers for your computer from Windows Update.
Scan your computer for computer viruses.
Check your hard disk for errors.
run memtest to check ram
Related resources
December 22, 2012 12:20:13 PM

Best answer selected by darkbison.
m
l
December 22, 2012 12:29:42 PM

te100 said:
ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+7efc0 DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL

The kernel attempted to access pageable memory (or perhaps completely invalid memory) when the IRQL was too high. The ultimate cause of this problem is almost certainly a driver that has corrupted the system pool.

These actions might prevent an error like this from happening again:
Download and install updates and device drivers for your computer from Windows Update.
Scan your computer for computer viruses.
Check your hard disk for errors.
run memtest to check ram

I actually had no idea how to fix it, I tried everything. Changed the ram around, did lots of memory and diagnostic tests , even replaced the ntoskrnl.exe file, still got crashes. Then I decided to just do a clean install of windows, which let me narrow down the possibilities through the drivers. I installed all my updates one by one, driver by driver, and long behold a BSOD! Turns out it was my Theron Mouse drivers causing it all a long. I did number of tests with it installed and without it installed and I got no BSOD when it is uninstalled, so it is the culprit from what I see. Thank you for the help, you're a life saver.
m
l
!