When will P4 64 BIT be available in shops?

P4forMusicProd

Distinguished
May 4, 2005
Hi guys.
I was going to upgrade my PC and just bought a AMD 64 BIT CPU, and new motherboard.
After visiting the local MusicStore, they told me that Pentium is better then AMD when it comes to MusicProduction, for example with Steinberg Cubase SX (www.steinberg.de), and Videoproduction, for example Steinberg Nuendo 3.
So I returned the new hardware and now waiting for Intel to release a 64 BIT CPU, because the next version of WinXP, will be Longhorn, and demands 64 BIT CPU, as you all know.
Do you know when Intel will release a 64 BIT CPU,
and,
when it will be available in store's?

Thanks,

The difference between AMD64's and P4's isn't that great anymore.

Ok, a P4 will be a tat faster, but it will also run really hot, be slower in other things and cost more.

Price/performance wise, AMD chips will be better.

If your still set on P4 64bit I'm guessing a few months.

Mephistopheles

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003
All the P4s from the "6xx" series are 64-bit processors.

They're available right now.

I don't quite know if they're in tight supply or not, though, but there have been 64-bit P4s for quite a few months now...

mozzartusm

Splendid
Sep 17, 2004
The 600 series are on the shelves

:eek: If I would have shot you when I had the chance, I would be out by now :eek:
Intel P4 550(3.4)@<font color=green>5Ghz</font color=green>

mozzartusm

Splendid
Sep 17, 2004
Was part of your question about longhorn? If so what would you l ike to know

:eek: If I would have shot you when I had the chance, I would be out by now :eek:

P4forMusicProd

Distinguished
May 4, 2005
Thanks everyone for your opinions.

Soo, which P4 CPU is a 64 BIT that I can buy, on this page?:
http://www.mycom.se/kategori/_data_datorkomponenter_processorer_1_3.html
If the link don't work, goto www.mycom.se click: "Datorkomponenter", then "Processorer"

Or go here: http://www.jmedata.se
and click CPU:er.
or here: http://se.pricerunner.com/computing/components/cpu/
and probably choose:"Visa Intel Pentium 4 processorer" if it isn't "Xeon" that you have mentined as available in store's now:
Thanks!

mozzartusm

Splendid
Sep 17, 2004
Go to the first link you provided and click on "Intel P4 socket 775" There are 4 on that page. The 630, 640, 650, 660.

endyen

Splendid
Someone gave you some bad info. Nuendo is an Intel prog, but most pro quality shops use Amd chips. The higher IPC is good, when you are looking at high quality sound.

P4forMusicProd

Distinguished
May 4, 2005
Thanks to all you're info, I have made the descission to buy AMD64. I looked at "System Requirements of both Nuendo and Cubase, and AMD will do fine. I'm also tired of the jungle of cables here,
so I will buy a laptop.

Have a nice day everyone!