Sign in with
Your question

Top 5 Gaming Headsets (Dont care about Price)

Tags:
  • Headsets
  • Support
  • Gaming
  • Peripherals
Last response: in Computer Peripherals
December 31, 2011 9:30:45 PM

I am RMAing a set of G930 due to multiple issues with driver support and functionality. When I get them back, I plan on taking them to the nearest Fry's and no receipt return them. My question is, what are the top 5 gaming headsets out right now? I don't care how much they cost. I am looking for top of the line stuff. Thank you for any feedback.

More about : top gaming headsets dont care price

January 2, 2012 12:20:41 AM

Logitech g35 or the wireless version, and the Razer megalodon/carcharias are my suggestions. The megalodon is the exact same as the other razer headset but relies on your computers sound card, the g35 and megalodon both have built in usb sound cards. My 2 cents, hope it helps somewhat.
m
l
January 12, 2012 8:06:38 AM

i agree with grizzly here and have to say the megalodon is one of the best usb headsets available.
If you want sound quality, Beats (by Dr.Dre) are amazing!
m
l
Related resources
January 14, 2012 1:08:47 AM

Logitech G35
Tritton AX Pro (Europe Only for PC but will work on XBox and PS3 as well)
SteelSeries Siberia v2
Razer Megalodon
Creative Labs F4t4l1ty Proffesional
m
l
January 16, 2012 12:11:42 PM

Yeah, id agree that if money isn't the issue, its Beats by Dr.Dre! Good luck!
m
l
January 18, 2012 6:40:59 AM

Avoid Beats at all costs. USB headsets aren't any good. People who recommend Beats are tolls. If the price is irrevelent buy an Audio Technica AD700 with a decent sound card. Something like an ASUS DG if you're only using it for gaming. You can easily find a decent clip in mic.
Here's a link for reference:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/534479/mad-lust-envy-aka-shin-...
m
l
January 19, 2012 12:19:20 PM

If you want sound quality, Beats (by Dr.Dre) are amazing! .
m
l
May 7, 2013 8:42:03 PM

aviconus said:
I am RMAing a set of G930 due to multiple issues with driver support and functionality. When I get them back, I plan on taking them to the nearest Fry's and no receipt return them. My question is, what are the top 5 gaming headsets out right now? I don't care how much they cost. I am looking for top of the line stuff. Thank you for any feedback.

So far my set of Corsair Vengeance 2k have blown me and the competing Headsets out of the water. While the F4t4lities are fantastic in their own right the quality isn't there, their upside comes from the software. the 2k have nice deep base, also includes a GEq, Wireless as well as they work at their respective ranges, and they also last 1 chahreg is 10-15 hours depending on the volume.

m
l
May 11, 2013 4:45:22 AM

if youre set on a headset instead of a good mic headphone combo i would say

sennheiser 363D
Astro A50
Beyerdynamic MMX 300
Corsair Vengeance 1500
Creative Labs: Sound Blaster Tactics Omega

if you get a good one the siberia v2 are pretty good. just beware the abysmal quality control and customer service

and because its interesting
Mad Catz Cyborg’s F.R.E.Q. 5
Psyko Carbon
m
l
!