Old HP laser printer dirts printed pages

Anakunda

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2009
HI

I'm having over time increasing problem with my 15 year old HP laserjet printer which is giving more and more smudge printouts. An output sample here:

Is that HW failure, a spread toner powder into paper tray or faulty toner? (Toner is pretty old as well as it probably is run out or near to end as the print is remarkably pale compared to older printouts). I tried to cleanup all accessible printer interior with damp wiper but it didnot give any cleaner papers, instead it's yet more dirty.
I can't decide if to give a try to new toner and see if it gets better or buy new printer off-hand. I don't want to throw out money for a new toner, if it doesnot solve the dirt problem, on the other hand I wouldot like to replace this printer by a new one till I know the print problems are unrelievable, it performs otherwise still very good and I'm scared of new printers. As possible replacement I think about LaserJet Pro P1102(W) but not too impressed vit the reviews.
Any suggestions? Thanks.

Probably fuser, maybe toner. If you have not replaced the fuser in the printer, try that first. If you need new toner, get a new one first if you like. If it's the exact same image on every sheet, or at least it's repeating itself in the same pattern, probably fuser.