REPAIR VERTICAL LINES ON LAPTOP hp

i have a HP G50-549DX Notebook...the screen has developed a single vertical line about 2 1/2 inches from the left.
I am not techy savvy..
What is cost to repair? Must be able to have it done locally (Burlington NC area) as I need my computer daily (am in real estate) and therefore unable to send it or have it sent out for repair overnight etc....nor will I.
Thanks, Fred Nelles, frednelles@yahoo.com 336-512-9404
4 answers Last reply
More about repair vertical lines laptop
  1. Look online for replacement costs of the screen, add about $100 for labor.

Could be a loose connection, you can have it checked out first to see if that simple.

Cost depends on who you find in the area, do a web search for computer shops in your area. Don't post personal info in a public web forum.
  2. Thanks guys/gals got one answer from a computer guy I know, based on the above he thought it was an LED and costs and labor would be about $260.00 Interesting enough for two days it the line was not there and then came back again.
  3. yes, These hp laptops with nvidia Graphics not suitable in Indian Atmosphere. Over Heating melting IC pins of NVIDIA, So chipset suitable in cold countries , take wise decision while purchasing laptops. Our india has 40degree Celcius , you think is to possible to use hp for minimum 3 years. we are investing money for 3 years only on laptop
    Stil i am using 1990 's computer with Windows98 Operating System
  4. yes, These hp laptops with nvidia Graphics not suitable in Indian Atmosphere. Over Heating melting IC pins of NVIDIA, So chipset suitable in cold countries , take wise decision while purchasing laptops. Our india has 40degree Celcius , you think is to possible to use hp for minimum 3 years. we are investing money for 3 years only on laptop
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops Notebooks Hewlett Packard Peripherals