- Seeking new LCD monitor for gaming PC (other than the occasional streaming vid, I have no other needs)
- My graphics card: Gigabyte 460 GTX OC 1GB on Win 7 64 system
- Highest priority is gorgeous sharp picture/rich colors. Second priority is fast response time.
- Size: 23" is the sweet spot, though I'd consider a little bigger/smaller (my current monitor, a 21" CRT that is not widescreen, is a great size given how far I sit from it).
- Price point: $150-$250 (could go higher if really worth the money, though NewEgg seems to offer some highly-rated ones around $180)
I currently run games on a 21" Sony CRT. Still looks great, but ready for an upgrade and could use a two-monitor set-up. The current resolution I run is 1280x960, and I'm very happy with the quality at that size, though I know modern LCDs will run higher native.
Please let me know if any other information would be helpful.
Asus definitely seems to be highly competitive for gaming monitors at that price point. Not sure about 3D for me, though, seems on the gimmicky side. But perhaps it's worth some research to see how well it truly works.