Sign in with
Your question

What Would You Recommend? — Gaming Monitor

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
January 1, 2012 3:01:40 PM

Hello and thanks for reading.

Here's the facts:

- Seeking new LCD monitor for gaming PC (other than the occasional streaming vid, I have no other needs)
- My graphics card: Gigabyte 460 GTX OC 1GB on Win 7 64 system
- Highest priority is gorgeous sharp picture/rich colors. Second priority is fast response time.
- Size: 23" is the sweet spot, though I'd consider a little bigger/smaller (my current monitor, a 21" CRT that is not widescreen, is a great size given how far I sit from it).
- Price point: $150-$250 (could go higher if really worth the money, though NewEgg seems to offer some highly-rated ones around $180)

I currently run games on a 21" Sony CRT. Still looks great, but ready for an upgrade and could use a two-monitor set-up. The current resolution I run is 1280x960, and I'm very happy with the quality at that size, though I know modern LCDs will run higher native.

Please let me know if any other information would be helpful.

Looking forward to any and all recommendations.

Thanks,

ELB
a c 219 4 Gaming
a c 78 C Monitor
January 1, 2012 4:36:22 PM

With $250 as the upper limit, I'd strongly urge ya to save another $40 and grab a 120 Mhz monitor.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

He's had it for about 7-9 months already and it's gorgeous.....But he got Batman Arkham City and the 3D Vision glasses for XMas and it's kick
m
l
January 1, 2012 9:59:01 PM

Asus definitely seems to be highly competitive for gaming monitors at that price point. Not sure about 3D for me, though, seems on the gimmicky side. But perhaps it's worth some research to see how well it truly works.
m
l
Related resources
a b 4 Gaming
a b C Monitor
January 1, 2012 10:00:56 PM

This topic has been moved from the section Graphics & Displays to section Computer Peripherals by Mousemonkey
m
l
January 2, 2012 3:30:41 PM

Shameless bump.

Anyone have any recommendations?
m
l
!