Sign in with
Your question

Can raid 0 crucial c300 with ocz agility 4

Last response: in Windows 7
December 21, 2012 5:45:55 PM

I have a crucial c3oo-ctfddac256 and a ocz agility4 both are 256 Gb my motherboard is a GA 990fxa-ud3 will i have problems putting them in raid 0 so i have 1 500 GB of ssd working faster
a b $ Windows 7
December 21, 2012 5:49:46 PM

Yes, you will have problems on two counts.

1. You will lose the ability to pass on the "trim" command, and that can impact your ssd performance.

2. You might win some synthetic benchmarks, but you will not be able to tell any difference in performance. I know, I have tried it.
m
l
December 21, 2012 6:02:23 PM

how long before the impact of my ssd performance over time or just will run slow will it slowly kill the ssd ?.PS i am a noob and thanks for your help
m
l
Related resources
December 21, 2012 6:15:21 PM

geofelt said:
Yes, you will have problems on two counts.

1. You will lose the ability to pass on the "trim" command, and that can impact your ssd performance.

2. You might win some synthetic benchmarks, but you will not be able to tell any difference in performance. I know, I have tried it.

m
l
a b $ Windows 7
December 21, 2012 6:19:40 PM

It'll make the SSDs wear out WAY faster...

That being said, you won't get any benefit out of it anyway, and will have twice the chances of losing all your data, so just don't bother doing it.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
December 21, 2012 6:21:14 PM

john-56 said:
how long before the impact of my ssd performance over time or just will run slow will it slowly kill the ssd ?.PS i am a noob and thanks for your help

The problem comes when the ssd needs to do an update, and there are no free nand blocks.
The ssd must then do a read/rewrite cycle to do an update.
TRIM works by freeing up nand blocks when windows deletes a file. Otherwise, deleting a file will involve a read/rewrite cycle.

And... putting both ssd's in a raid array increases your chance of catastrophic failure. You lose all data if either drive fails.
OCZ, more so than crucial has had more than it's share of failures.
m
l
December 21, 2012 6:37:36 PM

Thank You for the help
m
l
!