Tech: TZ powerball not registering

Powerball not registering..all switches appear to be working. Any ideas?

That was done today and they are working fine...My tech is stumped as
well.

I had a similar problem, both prox switches worked fine too. It turned
out to be the switch at the gumball diveter. The switch itself is
attached to the subway under the diverter. I readjusted it to trip
better and bingo, POWERBALL :)

--
Cliffy - CARGPB2
A passion for pinball!

I think that is it... because the gumball diveter shows an error at
start up. Was your gumball diveter working fine? I know nothing about
readjusting switches so I guess I will let some one who does fix it.
Thanks for the input..I will pass it on to my tech.
Lisa

Yes it would show gumball diverter error on start up. Adjustment is
easy, really. Flip the playfield up and find the subway way down at the
bottom of the playfield. Use something long and thin to trigger that
switch from the side and see where it goes *click*. It's probably not
clicking till way below where a ball would trip it. If so, loosen the
switch mount screws with a jewelers philips screwdriver and adjust the
switch closer to the playfield. Test manually again as above and see if
it clicks closer to the subway. It should trigger just as the hump of
the trip wire is flush with the inner floor of the subway. Good luck!
Oh and the reason it won't detect the power ball with this switch bad is
because the game cannot tell whether it's inside the gumball machine or
not. It assumes all balls are on the playfield even though it has two
other switches for the gumball machine itself!

--
Cliffy - CARGPB2
A passion for pinball!
http://www.passionforpinball.com

Think about this a little. The powerball is ceramic, the other balls are
steel. Now the proximity switch #26 in your game lets the game know when a
steel ball goes up to the playfield from under the apron. Proximity switches
in TZ can only detect steel balls, not ceramic. So go into switch edge test
and see if when you run a steel ball by the proximity switch, if that is
working. Common problem is the tiny connectors on that switch and it's
boards come loose. LTG :)

<Bellbrand@aol.com> wrote in message
> Powerball not registering..all switches appear to be working. Any ideas?

Is your powerball clean ? ( not silver or grey looking ) If it got enough
metal pounded into it, it may set off the proximity sensors. LTG :)

> That was done today and they are working fine...My tech is stumped as
> well.

I believe they mean an under playfield ramp.

--
Fred
TX

<Bellbrand@aol.com> wrote