Old webcam drivers & Windows 7 x64

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kanaljak

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2009
So I recently upgraded my computer and installed Windows 7 x64.
The problem is that none of my two my old webcams are working, more specifically, windows can't find the drivers on my computer even if they are installed correctly.

Is this because the drivers are old and doesn't support Windows 7 and/or x64 operating systems?

Also, and more importantly, will any "plug and play" webcam work with my current OS? I don't wanna be throwing money away when buying a new one

Solution
Why don't u post the model names and we can look for updated drivers.

Or u can try the older drivers in the compatibility mode.

Kanaljak

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2009

312xwfr.png

This is my problem, windows can't locate and identify any of the two webcams.
And the other problem is that the driver installation for the one that I know compatible needs to locate the device (as shown in the screenshot) in order to work.

As I said, I discovered that one of the two webcams IS compatible with both windows 7 and 64-bit OS:
(the other one I don't know, couldn't find it in the list, so ignore what I wrote in the first post as that was about that one)

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/co...pi=23&c=Cameras & Photo&sc=Webcams&os=64-bit]

I've tried the drivers from the cds & the newest ones from the internet.
I've also tried every of my 8 usb ports.

"Browse my computer for driver software
Locate and install driver software manually." And choosing the driver cd doesn't work, it can't find anything.

Edit: Somehow the drivers were installed on the computer even if the installation never was completed. A picture says more than a thousand words:
nxur77.png

Kanaljak

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2009
So I went out and bought a new plug-&-play webcam that was supposed to work with Windows 7.
It was cheap as *** and the quality is poor but it works GREAT.

It would appear as if my old webcam was not compatible with Windows 7 (even though the windows website said so :mad:@)

Solution: Get a NEW webcam!!!(One that you know for sure is compatible with Windows 7)
thumbsUp.jpg

I don't know how to change this to solved :(

Kanaljak, to change this to solved,

u need to click on EDIT this msg button , not the quick edit - in the 1st post of yours and than select the post from the discussion to the Question.

Submit and u will have the Select the Best answer button available next to the EDIT button!

If u will need any help just post : )

Status
Not open for further replies.