Whats good about avast free

sskeleton10

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
ive had it for three months and i keep on gettingvmalwaire.i know how to get rid of malwaire with malwairwbytes in safe mode but that thing led theu lots of attacks where i have to buy a program personal antivirus and malwairwbytes is disabled unless i go to safe mode.

funguseater

Distinguished
Hi

Never had a problem with malware and Avast, and I visit questionable sites. Have you set up an automatic scanning schedule and what to do with the files found? Avast is great I love the sandboxxing feature.

It sounds like you have another infection that is allowing the malware entry. If you have some comfort using computers, you can try downloading some software called HIREN's BOOT DISK this allows you to remove infections (and all kinds of other neat things) without loading ANYTHING from your PC, and it has virus scanners built in.

Another suggestion would be to run "microsoft safety scanner" from microsoft.com.

PS Oh and make sure to run FULL scans not quickies!

Good Luck
Fungi

It seems effective for me. I've used it for about 4 years on two PCs and a laptop. Between the three of them I probably caught a virus maybe 3 or 4 times at most on all three of them combined over the 4 years. I know I caught 2 viruses, but I managed to get rid of them rather quickly w/o having to resort to re-install Windows.

Maybe you are visiting the "wrong" websites?