Wireless network trouble

Okay... I have a linksys 11 mbps wireless network in my
apartment. It is connected to my cable internet... and
has been nothing but a pain since i got it.

The frustrating thing is that it works fine for both of my
roommates... I'm really the only one that has problems. I
get kicked off the network quite often for 2 to 3 second
intervals, and it likes to go from 11 mbps to 2 (and if
you wait around long enough, to 1) without warning or
reason. This is probably the most annoying, as even with
2.0 mbps I should be able to use the internet just fine,
but no, it can't even bring up yahoo. The other strange
thing about the speed issue is that the connectivity never
changes. No matter what, whether i'm being kicked off or
slowed down, or whatever... I'm always at Very Good or
Excellent connectivity.

I really have no idea what could be going on here. Any
help you could offer would be very much so appreciated.

-D. Young
2 answers Last reply
More about wireless network trouble

    Well lets look at the name of the newsgroup. It starts with "microsoft"
    so that must mean we only talk about Microsoft products. Next it says
    "public" so that means any person can post here. Then it says
    "broadbandnet" so since this is a Microsoft newsgroup it must be talking
    about the Microsoft Broadband Networking. Last but not least it says
    "hardware" So that must mean it is the Microsoft hardware for networking
    that we talk about.

    Thus this is not a general networking newsgroup, but one for the
    Microsoft Broadband networking hardware. I'd suggest either posting in
    a newsgroup for the hardware you are running, a general networking
    newsgroup, or one for whatever version of Windows you are running.

    Dyoung wrote:

    > Okay... I have a linksys 11 mbps wireless network in my
    > apartment. It is connected to my cable internet... and
    > has been nothing but a pain since i got it.
    >
    > The frustrating thing is that it works fine for both of my
    > roommates... I'm really the only one that has problems. I
    > get kicked off the network quite often for 2 to 3 second
    > intervals, and it likes to go from 11 mbps to 2 (and if
    > you wait around long enough, to 1) without warning or
    > reason. This is probably the most annoying, as even with
    > 2.0 mbps I should be able to use the internet just fine,
    > but no, it can't even bring up yahoo. The other strange
    > thing about the speed issue is that the connectivity never
    > changes. No matter what, whether i'm being kicked off or
    > slowed down, or whatever... I'm always at Very Good or
    > Excellent connectivity.
    >
    > I really have no idea what could be going on here. Any
    > help you could offer would be very much so appreciated.
    >
    > -D. Young

    I notice that your wireless phone (2.4ghrz) will affect
    it. When I answer my wireless.. the connection drops
    immediately.

Routers Wireless Network Networking