Question -SNIP-

Status
Not open for further replies.

APNxRPG24

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2012
I wanted the community to look at my Acer 20 inch monitor I bought yesterday along with all my other computer parts.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009314

Most of the reviews at Newegg are good, but some are bad and I have been hearing people say that Acer is bad for buying monitors. I just wanted to use the monitor for my desktop which will be used for web browsing, watching videos, and playing games such as Fallout 3, and Fallout: New Vegas. I bought the monitor for a total of $90 and I wanted to ask if you think I got a good deal. I guess I should have asked before I bought it, but it is too late now.

So do you think this monitor will perform well for what I am using it for? How long do you think it will last?

Also, I noticed in the forums there are two sections for monitors. One is CRT Monitors and the other is Flat Panel Monitors. Did I post my topic in the right forum? What is the difference between the two?

Thank you for reading my post.

APNxRPG24

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2012
Did I brake some kind of rule? Or does nobody just want to reply?

I know this site isn't a review site, but I just wanted someone with knowledge of monitors to tell me what they think of Acer and the specific monitor I bought.

And I was also wondering about the difference between CRT and flat panel monitors.

I guess I shouldn't have put "review" in the title because in a way I am asking for tech support on monitors.

The newegg listing has 80 reviews for it already from owners, did you read that? 4 of 5 is a pretty good rating. No-one makes CRT monitors anymore so the differences are pretty much moot. If you have no idea what a CRT monitor is, you don't really have to worry about it now. It's the old monitor and TV design using a cathode ray tube (CRT) in a large glass and metal enclosure. I'm sure you can find lots of details if you do a web search.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=24-009-314&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&Pagesize=10&PurchaseMark=&SelectedRating=-1&VideoOnlyMark=False&VendorMark=&IsFeedbackTab=true&Keywords=%28keywords%29&Page=1#scrollFullInfo

APNxRPG24

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2012

Yeah, I already read the reviews, but not all of them were good ones. I was just asking if someone that bought an Acer monitor before could tell me how their experience was. I guess I will just wait for the monitor to come and see what happens from there. Thanks for the help on the CRT monitors and I guess you're right about the Acer monitor, their reviews were okay so the monitor should be fine. You've got the best answer, thank you.

Does not matter if all the reviews were not good ones, you will not find many products, if any, that only have good reviews. You can have 100,000 perfect items sold, and if 8 people got something not quite right, they are the ones that are likely to say something about it. Like "DELL IS THE WORST PC EVER, I HAD MINE FOR 5 YEARS AND THE FAN IS NOW LOUDER!!!! I HATE THEM!!!".

This was what I was wanting to say, but the wording eluded me, so I didn't say anything. It's rare to find a 5 star product on anything but the top of the line items. This is still a budget monitor, so don't expect great color and viewing angles, but it probably will be worth the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.