Sign in with
Your question

Help choosing a laptop

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
September 13, 2010 12:12:28 PM

Hello,
i am having trouble choosing a laptop for about four thousand to five thousand. i cant go higher because im getting a desktop soon aswell and my parents dont want to spend alot on the laptop, i need a good laptop for that price and i want it to be able to game. thanks

More about : choosing laptop

a b D Laptop
September 13, 2010 5:44:02 PM

clown_02 said:
Hello,
i am having trouble choosing a laptop for about four thousand to five thousand. i cant go higher because im getting a desktop soon aswell and my parents dont want to spend alot on the laptop, i need a good laptop for that price and i want it to be able to game. thanks

Hi there,

You should check out the Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q880. It has an 18.4" screen, 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7-720QM processor, 6 GB of RAM, and NVIDIA GeForce GTS 360M graphics. It is a very powerful gaming laptop and costs under $2,000.

What do you think?

Cheers,
Isabella
MSFT Windows Outreach Team
m
l
Related resources
September 25, 2010 5:03:55 PM

hey thanks for the oppinion but i dont have 16 thousand rand, im in south africaani need one for about 6 thousand rand
m
l
September 25, 2010 5:15:14 PM

IsabellaWinTeam said:
Hi there,

You should check out the Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q880. It has an 18.4" screen, 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7-720QM processor, 6 GB of RAM, and NVIDIA GeForce GTS 360M graphics. It is a very powerful gaming laptop and costs under $2,000.

+1^
m
l
a b D Laptop
September 27, 2010 6:34:16 PM

clown_02 said:
hey thanks for the oppinion but i dont have 16 thousand rand, im in south africaani need one for about 6 thousand rand

Hi,

I wasn't aware you aren't purchasing in the United States. Laptop availability will vary from country to country, but if you provide me with a few laptops you are considering that are sold in South Africa I can recommend one!

Cheers,
Isabella
m
l
September 27, 2010 8:23:39 PM

The_Prophecy said:
Have a look at this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

and this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Don't need to spend any more than $2000 on a good gaming laptop.

Are both of those laptops capable of running SC2 comfortably? I'd love to run it on ultra, but then again, it's not a necessity.

Hi there,

What do you think?

Cheers,
Isabella
MSFT Windows Outreach Team said:
Hi there,

What do you think?

Cheers,
Isabella

I remember checking that one out on the site. I don't remember what it was exactly, but something turned me off to it. I think it had a tendency to get very hot...
m
l
September 28, 2010 3:05:45 AM

Don't you know that every gaming laptop get hot very fast!It is normal,just to cool the extreme gpu's and cpu in the laptop.So don't care about that!
m
l
September 28, 2010 3:39:32 AM

Aneesh@4GHz said:
Don't you know that every gaming laptop get hot very fast!It is normal,just to cool the extreme gpu's and cpu in the laptop.So don't care about that!

Getting hot and getting very hot are two different things. Especially when user reviews mention it in almost every single review. I'm not opposed to getting it though.

I have to weigh my options between an Asus, an Acer, a Sager, and a Qosmio
m
l
September 28, 2010 3:43:14 AM

Asus and alienware gets very hot during gaming,My friends had these two!
m
l
!