ike

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2003

Does anyone sell black pinballs for the Black Rose pinball?I did
not know these even existed.Mine has always had the standard
Silverball.The part number in the manual is :
20-6500 (Black Pinballs)Quanity-3.
I guess they are trying to simuliate the look of a Cannonball.
Pretty cool!
Ike.

i didn't know they had those either. I'd be interested to see those.
would be a cool effect .

"Ike" wrote:
> Does anyone sell black pinballs for the Black Rose pinball?I did
> not know these even existed.Mine has always had the standard
> Silverball.The part number in the manual is :
> 20-6500 (Black Pinballs)Quanity-3.
> I guess they are trying to simuliate the look of a Cannonball.
> Pretty cool!
> Ike.

20-6500 is the standard part # for chrome steel pinball (Williams number).

Sounds like just a misprint in your manual- or something they planned but
never pulled off before production of the game. No such thing exists that I
know of or have ever seen. We had a prototype Black Rose game for sale a
while back that came from a 1st owner and it had regular chrome steel balls
in it. So I don't think anything like a black ball ever made it out of
Willliams for this game, if that was the original intention. Neat idea,
though.

Only production games I can think of that used a different colored ball were
Bally's Goldball (used a smaller gold/brass plated ball), Twilight Zone's
ceramic powerball, and Sega Viper Night Drivin' yellow balls.

Ray J.
--
Action Pinball & Amusement, LLC
Salt Lake City, Utah USA

ike

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2003

Thanks for the reply Ray.I thought this might have been to good to be
true.After all the Bally Promo tape of
the game in action shows the standard silverball also.I was beginning
to think I was going nuts.I read and re-read
the ORIGINAL mauual that came with the game and sure enough it says 3
BLACK pinballs with this part number.
I guess I could take 3 Powerballs dye them and use.Anyone have any
sugestions as to how to do this or any
other ideas?Shooting Broadside would be awesome with a cannonball
looking pinball!
Ike

Ray,
Actually Goldball uses a standard sized brass pinball.
It has a separate ball drain and trough for the gold colored ball.
I'm on my 2nd GB right now.

Black balls would be cool.
What kind of acid dip would work for that?

Lee

Blueing would work kind of like ramp entrances . . . black zinc would not be
thick enough or durable enough. It might be cool to try blueing. It would
be dark but not black . . .

--
Kerry Stair

Mantis Amusements "Its all about Pinball"

"Ray Johnson - Action Pinball" <staff@actionpinball.com> wrote in message
> "Ike" wrote:
>> Does anyone sell black pinballs for the Black Rose pinball?I did
>> not know these even existed.Mine has always had the standard
>> Silverball.The part number in the manual is :
>> 20-6500 (Black Pinballs)Quanity-3.
>> I guess they are trying to simuliate the look of a Cannonball.
>> Pretty cool!
>> Ike.
>
> 20-6500 is the standard part # for chrome steel pinball (Williams number).
>
> Sounds like just a misprint in your manual- or something they planned but
> never pulled off before production of the game. No such thing exists that
> know of or have ever seen. We had a prototype Black Rose game for sale a
> while back that came from a 1st owner and it had regular chrome steel
> balls
> in it. So I don't think anything like a black ball ever made it out of
> Willliams for this game, if that was the original intention. Neat idea,
> though.
>
> Only production games I can think of that used a different colored ball
> were
> Bally's Goldball (used a smaller gold/brass plated ball), Twilight Zone's
> ceramic powerball, and Sega Viper Night Drivin' yellow balls.
>
> Ray J.
> --
> Action Pinball & Amusement, LLC
> Salt Lake City, Utah USA
> Web: www.actionpinball.com
>
> We're serious about pinball. Anything else is just for fun!

They exist. They are about as rare as the blue powerballs. I have seen
one, but I really don't know much about them, other than they are black and
impossible to see when you put them into a game.

- Lyman

Get them from majority of ops. The black stuff on PF covers the
ball....Just don't get them near any cleaning agent of any kind.;-)
"Ike" <ikeman@ctc.net> wrote in message
> Does anyone sell black pinballs for the Black Rose pinball?I did
> not know these even existed.Mine has always had the standard
> Silverball.The part number in the manual is :
> 20-6500 (Black Pinballs)Quanity-3.
> I guess they are trying to simuliate the look of a Cannonball.
> Pretty cool!
> Ike.

In article <AMadnQNPboPfUrHeRVn-uw@comcast.com>, info@mantisamusements.com
says...
> Blueing would work kind of like ramp entrances . . . black zinc would not be
> thick enough or durable enough. It might be cool to try blueing. It would
> be dark but not black . . .

If you had a gunsmith do the blueing it'll be black. Ever looked at the
finish on a Weatherby rifle or a Colt Python revolver?
--
Ron -- CARGPB7
ronstr@asisnotapplicable.com (change not applicable to na)

No keep in mind blueing is a type of corosion, no matter how light it
is a corrosive, I can't imagine that would be good for the playfield.
Also you would have to have it done profesionally, the home blueing
kits will make it a lighter blueish black, you have to have steel heat
blued commecially to get that real dark shiny blue that you see in gun
barrels and recievers.
Willy

Ron Strom wrote:
> In article <AMadnQNPboPfUrHeRVn-uw@comcast.com>, info@mantisamusements.com
> says...
> > Blueing would work kind of like ramp entrances . . . black zinc would not be
> > thick enough or durable enough. It might be cool to try blueing. It would
> > be dark but not black . . .
> >

> If you had a gunsmith do the blueing it'll be black. Ever looked at the
> finish on a Weatherby rifle or a Colt Python revolver?
> --
> Ron -- CARGPB7
> ronstr@asisnotapplicable.com (change not applicable to na)

A quote from Pinball Memories, Forty Years of Fun 1958-1998 by Marco
Rossignoli: "One thing that did not make the cut - though I believe is
mentioned in some of the instruction manuals - was the use of black
balls." and "Bally couldn't get an acceptable finish or material to
pass their own testing proceedures."

Maybe advances in coating over the past 13 years make this a
possibility now. Perhaps a fairly deep blue or grey would look nearly
as cool while retaining more visibility. Anyone achieves any success,
please post.

Ike wrote:
> Does anyone sell black pinballs for the Black Rose pinball?I did
> not know these even existed.Mine has always had the standard
> Silverball.The part number in the manual is :
> 20-6500 (Black Pinballs)Quanity-3.
> I guess they are trying to simuliate the look of a Cannonball.
> Pretty cool!
> Ike.

If anyone comes up with titanium pinballs they could be anodized real
easy....

we just need some titanium ballz....

john

"Pinfatuated" <new2pin@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>A quote from Pinball Memories, Forty Years of Fun 1958-1998 by Marco
> Rossignoli: "One thing that did not make the cut - though I believe is
> mentioned in some of the instruction manuals - was the use of black
> balls." and "Bally couldn't get an acceptable finish or material to
> pass their own testing proceedures."
>
> Maybe advances in coating over the past 13 years make this a
> possibility now. Perhaps a fairly deep blue or grey would look nearly
> as cool while retaining more visibility. Anyone achieves any success,
> please post.
>
> Ike wrote:
>> Does anyone sell black pinballs for the Black Rose pinball?I did
>> not know these even existed.Mine has always had the standard
>> Silverball.The part number in the manual is :
>> 20-6500 (Black Pinballs)Quanity-3.
>> I guess they are trying to simuliate the look of a Cannonball.
>> Pretty cool!
>> Ike.

Titanium balls would be about half the weight and probably at least a
little less hard. I think this means you could expect them to get
scratched faster and to be faster.

jnhutch wrote:
> If anyone comes up with titanium pinballs they could be anodized real
> easy....
>
> we just need some titanium ballz....
>
> john

Titanium, I believe, is non magnetic for one. Alot lighter for two. Way
expensive for 3 :)

--

"jnhutch" <jnhutch@ev1.net> wrote in message
> If anyone comes up with titanium pinballs they could be anodized real
> easy....
>
> we just need some titanium ballz....
>
> john
>
> "Pinfatuated" <new2pin@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>A quote from Pinball Memories, Forty Years of Fun 1958-1998 by Marco
>> Rossignoli: "One thing that did not make the cut - though I believe is
>> mentioned in some of the instruction manuals - was the use of black
>> balls." and "Bally couldn't get an acceptable finish or material to
>> pass their own testing proceedures."
>>
>> Maybe advances in coating over the past 13 years make this a
>> possibility now. Perhaps a fairly deep blue or grey would look nearly
>> as cool while retaining more visibility. Anyone achieves any success,
>> please post.
>>
>> Ike wrote:
>>> Does anyone sell black pinballs for the Black Rose pinball?I did
>>> not know these even existed.Mine has always had the standard
>>> Silverball.The part number in the manual is :
>>> 20-6500 (Black Pinballs)Quanity-3.
>>> I guess they are trying to simuliate the look of a Cannonball.
>>> Pretty cool!
>>> Ike.

Shoot, all you need is a used set of balls
from a Viper Night Drivin'.

They are always black! :D

--
Fred
TX

"Pinfatuated" <new2pin@yahoo.com> wrote

> Maybe advances in coating over the past 13 years make this a
> possibility now. Perhaps a fairly deep blue or grey would look nearly
> as cool while retaining more visibility. Anyone achieves any success,
> please post.

About 20% lighter than a powerball. Could always go the other extreme
and try iridium which would be about 3 times the weight of a standard
pinball and cost somewhere around $4500 a piece just for the material.

On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 18:09:44 -0500, "Kerry Stair"
<info@mantisamusements.com> wrote:

>Titanium, I believe, is non magnetic for one. Alot lighter for two. Way
>expensive for 3 :)

Actually berilium would be sensational ;-) also :)

--

"Heimer1" <heimer1fakeaddydontreply@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> About 20% lighter than a powerball. Could always go the other extreme
> and try iridium which would be about 3 times the weight of a standard
> pinball and cost somewhere around $4500 a piece just for the material.
>
> On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 18:09:44 -0500, "Kerry Stair"
> <info@mantisamusements.com> wrote:
>
>>Titanium, I believe, is non magnetic for one. Alot lighter for two. Way
>>expensive for 3 :)

xlr8

"Fred Kemper" <pbgarage@davlin.net> wrote in message
> Shoot, all you need is a used set of balls
> from a Viper Night Drivin'.
>
> They are always black! :D
>
> --
> Fred
> TX
> CARGPB#8

I can't believe NO ONE has taken the low road on this thread!!! All this
talk about balls being heavy, light and scratchable reminds me of a Beavis
and Butthead show!!! I'm proud of you guys!! Usually by now a thread like
this is in the gutter!!!

Have a good day,

Jim