Response time

various sources will state different numbers depending on how they tested the monitor, what they tested the monitor against, and how much they adjusted/rounded the numbers.

in general... you can use it as a go-by but dont base your buying decision on it. look at it in person.

though...i've had monitors up to 16ms max without issues. anything sold nowdays shouldnt ghost unless its a piece of junk.

vampelle

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2011
the problem is here is that they dont have a proper display center where you can check and play with it.
so that why i need to know if this model is really 5ms or it is 5ms being as gtg.

impossible to tell... unless in your opinion one source of information is more trustworthy/accurate than another.

some 2ms monitors were tested to be 8ms and other similar issues have been known to occur depending on what i said above.

in any case.....you're talking about a 5ms monitor. a few ms either way isnt going to cause any sort of issues for you.

Response time is not an absolute rating. Companies who manufactures LCD monitors generally run a test to determine what is the smallest amount of time it takes for the pixels in a LCD monitor to change from one color tone to another. They are generally going from one shade of grey to another. That's why for response time you may see the term "gtg" which means grey-to-grey.

These tests don't truly show the "real" response times because only the lowest time is used and everything else is thrown out. Xbitlabs used to test LCD monitors to determine the "real" response times and they have found that LCD monitors rated at 2ms can have response times as high as 275ms. They do their test with a lot of expensive equipment like professional high speed cameras.

how should we know? we would have to do the same thing as you ----google it until we find an answer, if there is one.

ultimately its a waste of time though.

you looked at the specs, it said 5ms. now read some reviews. if people are complaining about ghosting, lagging or other such problems steer clear. if the reviews are mostly good then its a sure pick.

instead of getting into specifics sometimes its better to just do as i said above. will certainly be easier (and can be just as accurate in this case!)

TRENDING THREADS