What's the best way to close a minimized program?

flossbandit

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2012
It just seems like a pain to have to put the mouse in the top left corner, drag it down to the app, right click, then hit close. I know I can open it fully and drag it down, but that's just as much work.

Maybe if there were x's like the tabs in IE10, I could get behind it but even then... a pain.

Is there a hotkey or something I can use to open the panel on the left that shows the tabs?

I know I can hit (Windows Key) + (Tab) but then I'm forced to choose an app to open before I can close one... it'd be nice if there was just a button to open that panel without forcing me to make a decision or move the mouse to the corner.

Hotkey to actually close the tab too?

There has to be an easier way.

flossbandit

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2012

Oh yeah... forgot about ALT + F4. Makes things a little easier but is still kind of lame for such a basic function.

I think the designers assumed any relatively new computer was capable of running multiple apps and they're trying to phase out single program use... probably looking at it like when tabs came out in internet browsers.

Gamers with mediocre systems will probably want to kill themselves as tedious as it is to close out all the wasted power running in the background.

Hope there's a simpler solution out there...

flossbandit

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2012

agree with you there... just wish they would have allowed the 'x' if you hovered at the top of the app or right clicked or something...

flossbandit

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2012

...also don't really like how the ribbon on the left doesn't show apps running through the desktop... seems kind of lame that'd have to open it up to see what's going on there.

it's almost like classic desktop and new start menu were developed separately and don't mesh together very well.

Win 8's still got some cool features but it doesn't really feel complete. And very rarely have I seen significant changes in any software from beta to release.

TRENDING THREADS