Sign in with
Your question

Not a Gamer but a Laptop Movier--What Laptop Would Be Best?

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
September 15, 2010 5:55:34 PM

Hello,

When I am alone, I watch DVD movies and Netflix streams on my 15" laptop rather than on our big screen TV using Roku. I use Bose headphones to enhance the audio.

When I enhance YouTube clips to full screen, the screen clarity is jagged--dreadful--and the same is often true of Netflix streaming.

You should also know that my laptop's keyboard gets a vigorous workout. I do not like separate numeric keys but would like to have a back-lit keyboard.

This is my question: Can you recommend a 17+" laptop that will give me the best SCREEN RESOLUTION and the best AUDIO within a range of $1,200.00, give or take? [A lighted keyboard would be icing on the top!.]

I am not tied to any particular brand, but I want to stay with WINDOWS.
a b D Laptop
September 15, 2010 6:29:02 PM

Quote:
Hello,

When I am alone, I watch DVD movies and Netflix streams on my 15" laptop rather than on our big screen TV using Roku. I use Bose headphones to enhance the audio.

When I enhance YouTube clips to full screen, the screen clarity is jagged--dreadful--and the same is often true of Netflix streaming.

You should also know that my laptop's keyboard gets a vigorous workout. I do not like separate numeric keys but would like to have a back-lit keyboard.

This is my question: Can you recommend a 17+" laptop that will give me the best SCREEN RESOLUTION and the best AUDIO within a range of $1,200.00, give or take? [A lighted keyboard would be icing on the top!.]

I am not tied to any particular brand, but I want to stay with WINDOWS.

Hi there,

You should check out the Acer Aspire AS7740-5691. It has a 17.3" screen, a 2.13 GHz Intel Core i3-330M processor, and Dolby Home Theater, 5.1-Channel Surround Sound. It is a perfect laptop for movie watching, and it is a great value at $788.

What do you think?

Cheers,
Isabella
MSFT Windows Outreach Team
!