I've got a Win2K PC with an MN-730 Wireless PCI adapter
and I'm trying to connect to a Linksys WCG200 Wireless G
Cable Gateway. It was working fine for a couple of weeks
and now I get "The wireless security key (WEP) is not
valid for the selected network" when I try to connect
using the MSBN utility. I don't have WEP configured for
either device. Any thoughts?

i get the same. differences is base station is MN-700 and
wireless adapter is MN-720 and OS is WinXP.

joker

Uninstall the BNU on all Windows XP & windows 2003 computers. Also use
the WZC service to configure your wireless connection on Windows XP.

> i get the same. differences is base station is MN-700 and
> wireless adapter is MN-720 and OS is WinXP.

More Info...

I've ruled out a problem with the WCG200 since I can
connect to it with a Dell Axim X3i without any problems.
I've uninstalled the MSBN utility and configured the cards
settings manually from the System Control Panel applet and
it wouldn't connect. So then I uninstalled and re-
installed the driver for the card, that also didn't work.
I then re-installed the MSBN utility and tried again and
got the WEP error message again. Then I applied the update
for the MSBN utility and tried again, same result. Since
the card can see the network I am assuming that the card
is not failing. So all that remains is a Windows OS
problem. I really didn't want to have to do a reinstall of
the entire OS, so does anyone know what files I should
replace in Windows?

I've got a Win2K PC with an MN-730 Wireless PCI adapter
and I'm trying to connect to a Linksys WCG200 Wireless G
Cable Gateway. It was working fine for a couple of weeks
and now I get "The wireless security key (WEP) is not
valid for the selected network" when I try to connect
using the MSBN utility. I don't have WEP configured for
either device. Any thoughts?

joker

Have you tried the updated drivers?

If that doesn't work it sounds like you might need to call Microsoft for
support.