Frankenstein topper ideas?

Last response: in Video Games
September 17, 2005 10:33:00 PM

So, I have now added my 12th pin in less than a yr and I love to put
toppers on them. Any one have a cool idea for a Frankenstein topper?

I know Treasurecove has done some pretty cool one-off toppers in the
past but could not find anything out there. With halloween
approaching, this is the best time to find something.

Collection:

BK,Pharaoh,JL,SF,M/M Pacman,Grand Lizard,Congo,Judge Dredd,No Fear,BS
Dracula,Tales From the Crypt,MS Frankenstein.

Thanks,

Mike
September 18, 2005 3:17:13 PM

How about two large bolts sticking out the side of the head? I wouldn't
DRILL the head, just cut the bolst down to size and then glue them in the
desired location!!!

Have a good day,

Jim

<mikesgallagher@gmail.com> wrote in message
> So, I have now added my 12th pin in less than a yr and I love to put
> toppers on them. Any one have a cool idea for a Frankenstein topper?
>
> I know Treasurecove has done some pretty cool one-off toppers in the
> past but could not find anything out there. With halloween
> approaching, this is the best time to find something.
>

> Collection:
>
> BK,Pharaoh,JL,SF,M/M Pacman,Grand Lizard,Congo,Judge Dredd,No Fear,BS
> Dracula,Tales From the Crypt,MS Frankenstein.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike

Anonymous
September 19, 2005 10:20:18 AM

There have been some pretty cool Universal Studios Frankenstein dolls
put out of the years, including a 2 foot talking doll. I think I've
also seen a Frankenstein light sculpture, which is a 3D molded plastic
box with a light inside.
Anonymous
September 19, 2005 9:44:46 PM

In article <1127007180.704803.128070@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
<mikesgallagher@gmail.com> wrote:
>So, I have now added my 12th pin in less than a yr and I love to put
>toppers on them. Any one have a cool idea for a Frankenstein topper?

John Borg had a topper idea during development...a grey molded piece of
artwork similar to the topper on Tales From the Crypt. It was pretty
neat, but for cost-cutting reasons it was never produced beyond one
(two?) sample part.

That topper depicted the part of the film where the creature was on a slab
being lowered into the vat. I believe it had some small metal chains as
part of the display - but that was more than 10 years ago, so I might be
wrong. Hard to believe it's been that long since John and Neil and I did
that game. John had the sample in his office at Sega for a long time, I
imagine that he eventually put it on his game at home.

I think it's worth noting that in the original book, the term
"Frankenstein Monster" was never used. The book said "creature." The
film was true to the book, and the licenced pinball followed suit.
Hence "Spell C-R-E-A-T-U-R-E" and "Creature Multiball."

The word "monster" was never allowed anywhere.

Why? The whole "Frankenstein's Monster" thing came from Universal
Studios. References to green faced monsters or protruding neck-bolts were
not allowed - both to be true to the theme, and to (of course) avoid
lawsuits. (Note that MS Frankenstein was Tri-Star, not Universal.)

O "not speaking for Sega Pinball" D

--
Orin Day | Women's Basketball Photos at http://www.dwhoops.com
lobster @ |