Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Samsung S24A350H or Asus VS248H-P 24" LCD for General Use & Gaming?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
January 9, 2012 7:35:47 AM

Hi,

I could use some help deciding between these two monitors (or another if you have a recommendation).

I plan to use it with my GTX 560 ti 448 for gaming and also I do a lot of web browsing and I like to watch movies on the computer. I narrowed it down to these two choices and I've heard good things about both of them. Does anyone have experience with either of these models or can make a recommendation? My limit on the monitor is about $250. I know they are TN panels but that's what I'm using now and I think it will be fine. Both these models are LEDs and 2ms GTG.

Asus VS248H-P 24"
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Samsung S24A350H 24"

Thanks.

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
a b C Monitor
January 9, 2012 8:30:36 AM

Hi, I would choose the Samsung from these 2.

But take a look at this one. As a photographer I know this one, it has great colors across the screen without fading in the corners. And the depth of the black to light gray, is excellent.

So in the games u are a lot in the dark, this one is a great choice! Great price for the quality. That is one thing that is done right by the Dell, the LCD's!

January 14, 2012 7:17:59 AM

Thanks for the suggestion nikorr.

I was in J&R music world in NYC today, and they had both the Samsung and the Asus monitors on display. I was comparing them both and I thought the Samsung S24A350H looked better. It appeared to have better colors, clarity, and just a nicer feel to its image compared to the Asus.

Not that the Asus looked bad, but the samsung just looked better. Anyway, just my opinion.
Score
Related resources
a b 4 Gaming
a b C Monitor
January 14, 2012 7:22:30 AM

lang15 said:
Thanks for the suggestion nikorr.

I was in J&R music world in NYC today, and they had both the Samsung and the Asus monitors on display. I was comparing them both and I thought the Samsung S24A350H looked better. It appeared to have better colors, clarity, and just a nicer feel to its image compared to the Asus.

Not that the Asus looked bad, but the samsung just looked better. Anyway, just my opinion.

Samsung makes nice LCD's, the best test u can do is download color test sheet and put it on the USB pendrive, go to the store and let them plug it in and u can tweak the settings by yourself : )

Score
a b 4 Gaming
a b C Monitor
January 14, 2012 7:25:09 AM

Score
January 14, 2012 7:40:34 AM

I'm looking at that dell, newegg has $50 off until 1/31 so I'm tempted to get it. I'm just not sure how the 5ms response will compare to the 2ms on the Samsung because I play a lot of video games.
Score
a b 4 Gaming
a b C Monitor
January 14, 2012 7:46:15 AM

For u, there is no difference in real life.

U will newer notice the difference. Ever, only in lab. Also, when they test the 2ms, it sometimes show 5ms : ) There is no way for u to find out or notice the difference!

It is just marketing move : )
Score
a b 4 Gaming
a b C Monitor
January 14, 2012 7:50:30 AM

In most cases 2ms is grey to grey, 5ms is more han likely it's true reproduction.

Samsung 206BW is advertised at 2ms response time yet Xbit labs did a review and it is actually ~4.3ms.
--
ms = miliseconds = 10^-3

so 8 ms = 8*10^-3 = 8/1000

so 80 fps gives is 80*0,008 = 0,64

so theoretical loss of 0,64 frames. But monitors often only run 60Hz so it doesn't matter as much. And like said above. Response time is a misleading sales gimmick. And the human eye only sees like 25 fps anyway.

Reviews and first hand experience is the way to go. So many subjective opinions considering colours and such.
Score
January 23, 2012 11:10:30 PM

Best answer selected by lang15.
Score
a b 4 Gaming
a b C Monitor
January 23, 2012 11:13:17 PM

Thanx for the vote lang15 : ) Good luck!
Score
a b 4 Gaming
a b C Monitor
January 23, 2012 11:13:25 PM

This topic has been closed by Nikorr
Score
!