What pack-in apps were included on various Palm OS HW?

January 8, 2005 4:21:50 AM

I know that, for example, a scaled down Datebook3 was included on almost
every PDA model Handspring produced. I assume that the "expense" app was
originally done by somebody else but then purchased/licensed by Palm (sort
of like how Blazer was).

I know that Docs2Go is a very popular pack-in on various HW models and that
VersaMail/MultiMail have been licensed both on PDAs and also on various
modem and Wi-Fi cards. I just found out today that a VPN client is included
on Palm's new SD Wi-Fi card (*VERY* smart move). So what other software was
a bundled pack-in on some kind of Palm OS hardware and do any of you have
any idea what the licensing terms were (I assume it was a fixed PPU such as
50 cents per unit)?
Anonymous
January 8, 2005 5:48:22 PM

In article <1105169643.1c690a485ba11e9c229a10148887196c@teranews>,
woodcock@SonLightSoftware.com says...
> I know that, for example, a scaled down Datebook3 was included on almost
> every PDA model Handspring produced. I assume that the "expense" app was
> originally done by somebody else but then purchased/licensed by Palm (sort
> of like how Blazer was).
>
> I know that Docs2Go is a very popular pack-in on various HW models and that
> VersaMail/MultiMail have been licensed both on PDAs and also on various
> modem and Wi-Fi cards. I just found out today that a VPN client is included
> on Palm's new SD Wi-Fi card (*VERY* smart move). So what other software was
> a bundled pack-in on some kind of Palm OS hardware and do any of you have
> any idea what the licensing terms were (I assume it was a fixed PPU such as
> 50 cents per unit)?

Here is a partial listing;
<http://www.grassnet.net/prc/software_discs.html&gt;

--