Nomad

I am debating about spending some obscene amount of money for a ramp I
need, nearly as much as I paid for the entire game. What's the most
you've ever paid for a single game part? Did the same part show up on
epay 2 days later for half:)??

nomad

Paid 25 bucks for a right slingshot plastic for an Eight Ball. Of
course, after that, I bought a bunch of the plastics for practically
nothing. Only reason I paid so much was because I had to bid early due
to a trip. Someone came along, saw I had a bid and started nibbling
away at it to see how high I was willing to go. Thus, 25 dollars later
I got a plastic.

Doug

nomad wrote:
> I am debating about spending some obscene amount of money for a ramp I
> need, nearly as much as I paid for the entire game. What's the most
> you've ever paid for a single game part? Did the same part show up on
> epay 2 days later for half:)??
>
> nomad

$500 for a repro playfield.

Don't think these are going to get any cheaper....

--
Fred
TX

"nomad" <damonoresky@hotmail.com> wrote

What's the most
> you've ever paid for a single game part? Did the same part show up on
> epay 2 days later for half:)??
>
> nomad

Michael

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"nomad" <damonoresky@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I am debating about spending some obscene amount of money for a ramp I
> need, nearly as much as I paid for the entire game. What's the most
> you've ever paid for a single game part? Did the same part show up on
> epay 2 days later for half:)??

IMHO, it's really irrelevent. If the part you need is worth the money to
you, and your current part is unusable, then buy it. If not, then part out
the game and buy another example.

Personally, I try to save every game I get my hands on. Sometimes it's just
not feasible to do so. If you end up with $1500 into a $600 game, but the
game is personally worth $1500 to you then do it. Otherwise...

Michael

P.S. The most I've ever paid for a single replacement part was $350.00 for a
NOS WPC-95 power driver board. Then they guy listed another one on ePay and
it went for $275 IIRC. Grrrr...

I didn't buy it, but the $263 that someone paid for the Keep Out sign
for CC on Ebay has to be some sort of record.

$350 for an NOS TAF Bookcase assembly some years ago. Not really 1
part, but anyway... With shipping and customs it came to $500. The game
itself was missing the entire assembly, the only thing available was
the blue base which was screwed directly in the wood to cover up the
hole.

The game itself was bought in Belgium for about $600 a few months
earlier...