Mouse clicks stopped working in windows 7

Hello,
I have a dell latitude with windows 7. After a year of usage the mouse clicks suddenly stopped working. Left clicks stopped working all together, right click sometimes work, but most of time it does other things. I suspect it's some malware. I run avg, spybot and malwarebytes, which found nothing. Checked the mouse settings in control panel, and didn't fine anything strange. Would appreciate your help. Thanks,
Go
4 answers Last reply
More about mouse clicks stopped working windows
  1. try another mouse, sometimes they just go bad....
  2. This happened simultaneously to the (two) internal mice, and to an external one. Will try another one, but i don't think that's it..
  3. somehow my usb selective suspend setting in power options got enabled. i've disabled this setting and will see if this fixed the problem. i was almost ready to re-install windows over this. can malware change this setting?
  4. I had this same problem, where I'd have to hit ctl alt del to fix it temporarily. I updated windows fully and still had the issue. However I spent 3 hours looking for a fix and its NOT A MOUSE PROBLEM. Its apparent on all mice because its a usb root hub power saver option problem. Here is the solution and it actually works.

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Mice-and-Pointing-Devices/Fix-USB-Mouse-for-Vista-and-Windows-7-Freeze/td-p/404740

since I did this I have no problem at all. I hope this works for you also.
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows 7 Mice