I have some questions about North American Van Lines:

Can anyone use their pinball shipping/setup service, or do they only
contract to pin dealers?

How can you go about getting an estimate from NAVL for pin shipping?

Do they do a good job at deliverying/setting up the game?

Thanks!

Anyone can use them. Google for Michelle Bianchi's phone #. She'll
give you a quote, not an "estimate." And while I have them bring my
pins inside my house, I've never had them set one up. I don't think
they do that. Am I wrong, anyone?

Your correct...they don't setup pins. They leave that to you. They
will on occasion move games down sets of stairs..although I recommend
throwing them a tip when that is necessary.

Greg

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

They have picked up and delivery to/from my house, and I have 5 steps
leading up to the front door. I was never charged extra for the steps,
and there were only 2 or 3 guys each time. I would call Michelle and
discuss it with her.

The dont set up and they dont do steps. Which is fine, just inspect the
goods and be sure to tip them. I gave the guys a $20 last time, told
them to split it and pick up some lunch. After they come to the same
house several times they start to remember you, and you are usually
first on the delivery list... The last 2 guys that came, played a few
games on some of my other pins. They were like OK we got to go now, or
we will probally stay all day :)

MIKE

Lionheart83 wrote:
> I have some questions about North American Van Lines:
>
> Can anyone use their pinball shipping/setup service, or do they only
> contract to pin dealers?
>
> How can you go about getting an estimate from NAVL for pin shipping?
>
> Do they do a good job at deliverying/setting up the game?
>
> Thanks!

Ben

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On 18 Sep 2005 08:02:19 -0700, "Roadrunner000" <Roadrunner000@msn.com>
wrote:

>Your correct...they don't setup pins. They leave that to you. They
>will on occasion move games down sets of stairs..although I recommend
>throwing them a tip when that is necessary.

They refused to pickup a pin from someone I was buying from awhile
back that had a "stoop" leading to their front door that was about 5
steps. Said they needed another person to help (they already had two)
and charged me an extra $50 to come back later. Not sure how a third
person helped that much in moving a pinball machine... four maybe but
not three, but whatever. Just be careful with the steps thing. If
there are *any* steps tell them up front to avoid additional fees (or
at least so they are aware of them). I believe this is a variable
thing depenidng on which local facility you're dealing with.

MD

Nope..they bring it in the house and set it down where you indicate (on
the first floor only...second story is extra), have you sign the
manifest and head on out. The two guys I had refused a tip, but
accepted a cool beverage. I recommend their service.

Mike

In article <1127055024.784368.66660@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
"azpinlawyer" <gregdavis@mail2lawyer.com> wrote:

> Anyone can use them. Google for Michelle Bianchi's phone #. She'll
> give you a quote, not an "estimate." And while I have them bring my
> pins inside my house, I've never had them set one up. I don't think
> they do that. Am I wrong, anyone?

Do they help with the legs, or do they just plop it flat on the ground
without the legs setup?

On 19 Sep 2005 19:30:46 -0700, "Lionheart83" <duhman83@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Do they help with the legs, or do they just plop it flat on the ground
>without the legs setup?

They deliver it exactly as it was shipped. Legs on, legs off, head up,
head down. No prep or reassembly is done.

NAVL loves to ship pins with legs attached, but then the game becomes top
heavy and you are asking for trouble. Be sure to wrap it yourself too in a
thick coccoon of pallet wrap available at most hardware stores. Otherwise
they will put a kidde shipping blanket around it, strap a thin layer of
pallet wrap to it and it's on the way. Have the seller wrap it properly.
Wrap the legs in shrinkwrap separately. Do not use duct tape. It leaves
gummy film all over the legs and ruins them.

Josh
http://www.pingeek.com