Computer help, please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

My computer's not infected, but all of a sudden my dad's comp account has been having problems, such as, Internet Explorer has been running ever so slowly. It literally takes over 5 minutes just for the Homepage (Google) to appear. But just today my account's been doing the same. We use Charter Security Suite, and it claims we're protected.

I don't know much about computers, but if it matters this is a Gateway Netbook...

Help, please?
Thank you!

Change to Firefox.

I had a similar problem with my wife's computer. I opened Task Manager and I had all sorts of processes running in the background. Installing and running Firefox fixed that.

You can also download and install Microsoft's Security Essentials. Take your computer offline and turn off Charter Security Suite. Then run MSE for a second opinion.

"I had a similar problem with my wife's computer. I opened Task Manager and I had all sorts of processes running in the background. Installing and running Firefox fixed that. "

I forgot to say that I was using AVG Free and I did two independent online anti-virus scans with nothing found.

Status
Not open for further replies.