Whats Next for Stern??

Last response: in Video Games
September 18, 2005 2:37:06 PM

I am really confused here why would Stern divide north america/europe
for?.Shouldn't they give us the choice in which pin we want to
buy?.Well they missed a sale with me because i don't like Nasscar but i
very much do like the grand prix version though.Way to go Stern piss
off the customer by telling them what they can and can't buy brilliant
marking move there guys.Anyways on to my question here what is there
next pin for us in north america after nasscar?

sorry to be long winded guys built it was building up in me......

Harve

More about : whats stern

Anonymous
September 18, 2005 3:01:47 PM

From what I hear you can get a Grand Prix. Ask your local distrib.
Now, what *I* wanna know is what ever happened to Last Call? :\

--
Cliffy - CARGPB2
A passion for pinball!

European's may recognise Grand Prix as opposed to Nascar which may help
games sales. Manufacting costs, management and profit probably stop
people requesting the game of their choice (they don't want lots of
games sitting around unsold).

Ping
September 18, 2005 3:13:59 PM

I think after NASCAR is WPT and POTC. These will apparantly have
Stern's new hardware platform as well.
Anonymous
September 18, 2005 3:45:30 PM

Thanks for your input Guys

Hey LTG i like it but not that much to pay the huge shipping bill that
would come with it.....LOL

Harve
September 18, 2005 3:51:02 PM

What is POTC?

Thanks-
Ed
Anonymous
September 18, 2005 3:58:05 PM

yeah, give a game a abbriviation before it comes out.
Anonymous
September 18, 2005 4:40:34 PM

Maybe Stern will give this one to SR and his team :)  That might make it
a good game. Im just not fancying PL games.
Anonymous
September 18, 2005 5:34:06 PM

Maybe it was license rights, Stern might have been limited as to what could
be sold where. If you'd like a GP that much, buy one overseas and get it
shipped back. LTG :)

"Harvey" <peppersnout@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I am really confused here why would Stern divide north america/europe
> for?.Shouldn't they give us the choice in which pin we want to
> buy?.Well they missed a sale with me because i don't like Nasscar but i
> very much do like the grand prix version though.Way to go Stern piss
> off the customer by telling them what they can and can't buy brilliant
> marking move there guys.Anyways on to my question here what is there
> next pin for us in north america after nasscar?
> sorry to be long winded guys built it was building up in me......
>
> Harve
Anonymous
September 18, 2005 5:38:07 PM

giggle giggle giggle...

> Rumor has it that they will be building
> a pinball machine based upon the popular
> arcade game "Ice Cold Beer". It will be
> marketed here in the US under that same
> name. In Europe it will be marketed
> under the name of "Luke Warm Ale". ;-)
>
> --
> Rick Swanson
>
> Morristown, Tennessee
> CARGPB6
Anonymous
September 18, 2005 5:38:30 PM

giggle giggle giggle...

> Rumor has it that they will be building
> a pinball machine based upon the popular
> arcade game "Ice Cold Beer". It will be
> marketed here in the US under that same
> name. In Europe it will be marketed
> under the name of "Luke Warm Ale". ;-)
>
> --
> Rick Swanson
>
> Morristown, Tennessee
> CARGPB6
Anonymous
September 18, 2005 5:55:06 PM

Pirates of the Caribbean. LTG :)

"Ed" <efaerman@gmail.com> wrote in message
> What is POTC?
>
> Thanks-
> Ed

Anonymous
September 18, 2005 5:57:30 PM

Yes WPT is scheduled for the new hardware. ETA? Who knows? :)

cpiel wrote:
> I think after NASCAR is WPT and POTC. These will apparantly have
> Stern's new hardware platform as well.

--
Cliffy - CARGPB2
A passion for pinball!
http://www.passionforpinball.com
Anonymous
September 18, 2005 7:14:17 PM

they are comming out with world poker tour pinball? That would rock.
Texas holdem pinball. LOL
Anonymous
September 18, 2005 7:25:13 PM

Harvey wrote:

> I am really confused here why would Stern divide north america/europe
> for?.......Anyways on to my question here what is
there
> next pin for us in north america after nasscar?

Rumor has it that they will be building
a pinball machine based upon the popular
arcade game "Ice Cold Beer". It will be
marketed here in the US under that same
name. In Europe it will be marketed
under the name of "Luke Warm Ale". ;-)

--
Rick Swanson

Morristown, Tennessee
CARGPB6
Anonymous
September 18, 2005 10:19:23 PM

wpt is world poker tour. Geez, i just told you guys. don't you watch
poker?
Anonymous
September 18, 2005 11:33:12 PM

Pirates could rock. Put the side of a ship on the right and have
three cannons pointing to the right. They could load like the sword
lock in LotR, and put one ball in each cannon, then shoot across the
playfield onto an opposing side wire ramp when multiball starts.

If they do it as a Trilogy game it will have a shelf life for multiple
years since they are doing the sequels back to back.

On 18 Sep 2005 11:13:59 -0700, "cpiel" <cpiel@verizon.net> wrote:

>I think after NASCAR is WPT and POTC. These will apparantly have
>Stern's new hardware platform as well.
Anonymous
September 18, 2005 11:33:13 PM

I hear ya. I *love* the theme and I pray dear God that they make it right ;)

Vic Ireland wrote:
> Pirates could rock. Put the side of a ship on the right and have
> three cannons pointing to the right. They could load like the sword
> lock in LotR, and put one ball in each cannon, then shoot across the
> playfield onto an opposing side wire ramp when multiball starts.
>
> If they do it as a Trilogy game it will have a shelf life for multiple
> years since they are doing the sequels back to back.
>
> On 18 Sep 2005 11:13:59 -0700, "cpiel" <cpiel@verizon.net> wrote:
>

>>I think after NASCAR is WPT and POTC. These will apparantly have
>>Stern's new hardware platform as well.

--
Cliffy - CARGPB2
A passion for pinball!
http://www.passionforpinball.com
Anonymous
September 18, 2005 11:41:38 PM

what is wpt?
"Cliffy" <crinear@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Yes WPT is scheduled for the new hardware. ETA? Who knows? :)
>
> cpiel wrote:
>> I think after NASCAR is WPT and POTC. These will apparantly have
>> Stern's new hardware platform as well.
>>

> --
> Cliffy - CARGPB2
> A passion for pinball!
> http://www.passionforpinball.com
September 19, 2005 12:17:33 AM

In article <EIWdnfO8edatZrDeRVn-qQ@rogers.com>,
"astill entertainment" <astillentertainment@rogers.com> wrote:

> what is wpt?
> "Cliffy" <crinear@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > Yes WPT is scheduled for the new hardware. ETA? Who knows? :)
> >
> > cpiel wrote:
> >> I think after NASCAR is WPT and POTC. These will apparantly have
> >> Stern's new hardware platform as well.
> >>

> > --
> > Cliffy - CARGPB2
> > A passion for pinball!
> > http://www.passionforpinball.com

World Poker Tour????
Anonymous
September 19, 2005 3:01:45 AM

Forget it.
Most home users prefer the Nascar here.

--
Met vriendelijke groet / With kind regards
Hans Balk
> European's may recognise Grand Prix as opposed to Nascar which may help
> games sales. Manufacting costs, management and profit probably stop
> people requesting the game of their choice (they don't want lots of
> games sitting around unsold).
>
> Ping

Anonymous
September 19, 2005 3:05:05 AM

Nope...
That's the special edition for England where they are used to drink P***

Rest of Europe will take the Ice Cold Beer

--
"Rick Swanson" <rns510@charter.net> schreef in bericht
> Harvey wrote:
>
> > I am really confused here why would Stern divide north america/europe
> > for?.......Anyways on to my question here what is
> there
> > next pin for us in north america after nasscar?
> >

> Rumor has it that they will be building
> a pinball machine based upon the popular
> arcade game "Ice Cold Beer". It will be
> marketed here in the US under that same
> name. In Europe it will be marketed
> under the name of "Luke Warm Ale". ;-)
>
> --
> Rick Swanson
>
> Morristown, Tennessee
> CARGPB6

September 19, 2005 3:16:25 AM

Daniel Tonks : <<I have to say that these are my exact feelings as
well... first licensed
Disney theme + Stern's new system + Keith's rules = guaranteed NIB
purchase >>

Disney theme might be too kiddie-ized but who knows till it is done.
New system? Again, another unknown. Keith code? We have a
winner....Frenchy
September 19, 2005 3:17:09 AM

GIVE THE CODE TO KEITH JOHNSON!!! I *PRAY* HE GETS TO DO THE CODE ON POTC!
This is a guaranteed NIB purchase to be next to the NIB TSPP I have. I hope
this preminition is correct!

Brian

<mikep28@omuonline.net> wrote in message
> Maybe Stern will give this one to SR and his team :)  That might make it
> a good game. Im just not fancying PL games.

Anonymous
September 19, 2005 4:36:28 AM

> Yes WPT is scheduled for the new hardware. ETA? Who knows? :)

Can we at least let Nascar develop a *bit* of wear (more than around the
"wearinator") before skipping on to the next title?
Anonymous
September 19, 2005 6:08:09 AM

"Brian" <pinbalz@comcast.net> wrote in message
> GIVE THE CODE TO KEITH JOHNSON!!! I *PRAY* HE GETS TO DO THE CODE ON
POTC!
> This is a guaranteed NIB purchase to be next to the NIB TSPP I have. I
hope
> this preminition is correct!

I have to say that these are my exact feelings as well... first licensed
Disney theme + Stern's new system + Keith's rules = guaranteed NIB purchase
(would be my first since TSPP as well).

However I thought I heard that Keith was doing WPT, and if he's doing that I
can't see him also doing POTC right afterwards. I'd still buy it though, as
long as it had some other redeeming qualities. I just hope that Stern
realizes that POTC is an absolutely killer theme and needs to be given the
royal treatment in terms of design, toys, rules, audio and so forth...

- Daniel
Anonymous
September 19, 2005 9:20:39 AM

LStarrASL wrote:
> yeah, give a game a abbriviation before it comes out.

Actually, POTC was given as the nickname to the ride years ago in the
Disney boards.

Brian
Anonymous
September 19, 2005 9:22:57 AM

in a POTC game, I think it would be cool to have a fort on one side,
and a ship on the other. Have the ship fire into the fort (like the
ride). Maybe some shots on the fort also like in MM. I would buy this
NIB as well if the game is done right.

Brian
Anonymous
September 19, 2005 10:11:30 AM

Yah, I might have to get one of these NIB. Then again, the wife will
probably want a Pirates NIB...that's her favorite movie.
September 19, 2005 10:39:29 AM

I heard WPT will be Keith + SR + new system a while back. Its only a
rumor I guess. I love poker and have seen every episode of WPT! This
would be the first NIB for me.

John
Anonymous
September 19, 2005 11:06:59 AM

Ditto here. I'm not really into the pin-designer/coder fanboy club as
a rule, but the right theme+Keith = NIB for me as well. If PotC had
him onboard, that's a mega plus.

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 02:08:09 -0400, "Daniel Tonks"
<dtonks@sunstormADD-DOT-COM> wrote:

>"Brian" <pinbalz@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> GIVE THE CODE TO KEITH JOHNSON!!! I *PRAY* HE GETS TO DO THE CODE ON
>POTC!
>> This is a guaranteed NIB purchase to be next to the NIB TSPP I have. I
>hope
>> this preminition is correct!
>
>I have to say that these are my exact feelings as well... first licensed
>Disney theme + Stern's new system + Keith's rules = guaranteed NIB purchase
>(would be my first since TSPP as well).
Anonymous
September 19, 2005 8:31:55 PM

No kidding... I'm seriously contemplating picking up a LOTR because my
wife is a HUGE LOTR fan. But if there's a POTC on the horizon, that
could make for a tough call.

Mitchelwb
Anonymous
September 20, 2005 5:30:44 AM

I'm hearing Feb/Mar of 2006. I'm not sure if Stern has announced its
intention to produce two models next year, yet.

"POTC" could be a very good theme for Stern- perhaps the best in a long
time. This is the first I'm really hearing about this theme, and it
sounds like good news ! I'm guessing that Stern would release the
pinball after the second movie is released (early-mid July '06), and not
after the third (hazy Summer 2007). Let's just hope the artwork of
Keith Richards's scary head isn't too prominent !

-Officer Francis Llewellyn 'Ponch' Poncherello

Cliffy wrote:

> Yes WPT is scheduled for the new hardware. ETA? Who knows? :)
>
> cpiel wrote:
>
>> I think after NASCAR is WPT and POTC. These will apparantly have
>> Stern's new hardware platform as well.

Anonymous
September 21, 2005 1:25:17 AM

Do what I'm expecting to "have" to do - buy both. She wanted LOTR and I didn't
take much convincing, and if Keith has much to do with the software and design
for POTC, I'll be lining up again.

!