Whats Next for Stern??

I am really confused here why would Stern divide north america/europe
for?.Shouldn't they give us the choice in which pin we want to
buy?.Well they missed a sale with me because i don't like Nasscar but i
very much do like the grand prix version though.Way to go Stern piss
off the customer by telling them what they can and can't buy brilliant
marking move there guys.Anyways on to my question here what is there
next pin for us in north america after nasscar?

sorry to be long winded guys built it was building up in me......

Harve
33 answers Last reply
More about whats stern

    From what I hear you can get a Grand Prix. Ask your local distrib.
    Now, what *I* wanna know is what ever happened to Last Call? :\

    --
    Cliffy - CARGPB2
    A passion for pinball!

    European's may recognise Grand Prix as opposed to Nascar which may help
    games sales. Manufacting costs, management and profit probably stop
    people requesting the game of their choice (they don't want lots of
    games sitting around unsold).

    Ping

    I think after NASCAR is WPT and POTC. These will apparantly have
    Stern's new hardware platform as well.

    Thanks for your input Guys

    Hey LTG i like it but not that much to pay the huge shipping bill that
    would come with it.....LOL

    Harve

    What is POTC?

    Thanks-
    Ed

    yeah, give a game a abbriviation before it comes out.

    Maybe Stern will give this one to SR and his team :) That might make it
    a good game. Im just not fancying PL games.

    Maybe it was license rights, Stern might have been limited as to what could
    be sold where. If you'd like a GP that much, buy one overseas and get it
    shipped back. LTG :)

    "Harvey" <peppersnout@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I am really confused here why would Stern divide north america/europe
    > for?.Shouldn't they give us the choice in which pin we want to
    > buy?.Well they missed a sale with me because i don't like Nasscar but i
    > very much do like the grand prix version though.Way to go Stern piss
    > off the customer by telling them what they can and can't buy brilliant
    > marking move there guys.Anyways on to my question here what is there
    > next pin for us in north america after nasscar?
    > sorry to be long winded guys built it was building up in me......
    >
    > Harve

    giggle giggle giggle...

    > Rumor has it that they will be building
    > a pinball machine based upon the popular
    > arcade game "Ice Cold Beer". It will be
    > marketed here in the US under that same
    > name. In Europe it will be marketed
    > under the name of "Luke Warm Ale". ;-)
    >
    > --
    > Rick Swanson
    >
    > Morristown, Tennessee
    > CARGPB6

    giggle giggle giggle...

    > Rumor has it that they will be building
    > a pinball machine based upon the popular
    > arcade game "Ice Cold Beer". It will be
    > marketed here in the US under that same
    > name. In Europe it will be marketed
    > under the name of "Luke Warm Ale". ;-)
    >
    > --
    > Rick Swanson
    >
    > Morristown, Tennessee
    > CARGPB6

    Pirates of the Caribbean. LTG :)

    "Ed" <efaerman@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > What is POTC?
    >
    > Thanks-
    > Ed

    Yes WPT is scheduled for the new hardware. ETA? Who knows? :)

    cpiel wrote:
    > I think after NASCAR is WPT and POTC. These will apparantly have
    > Stern's new hardware platform as well.

    --
    Cliffy - CARGPB2
    A passion for pinball!
    http://www.passionforpinball.com

    they are comming out with world poker tour pinball? That would rock.
    Texas holdem pinball. LOL

    Harvey wrote:

    > I am really confused here why would Stern divide north america/europe
    > for?.......Anyways on to my question here what is
    there
    > next pin for us in north america after nasscar?

    Rumor has it that they will be building
    a pinball machine based upon the popular
    arcade game "Ice Cold Beer". It will be
    marketed here in the US under that same
    name. In Europe it will be marketed
    under the name of "Luke Warm Ale". ;-)

    --
    Rick Swanson

    Morristown, Tennessee
    CARGPB6

    wpt is world poker tour. Geez, i just told you guys. don't you watch
    poker?

    Pirates could rock. Put the side of a ship on the right and have
    three cannons pointing to the right. They could load like the sword
    lock in LotR, and put one ball in each cannon, then shoot across the
    playfield onto an opposing side wire ramp when multiball starts.

    If they do it as a Trilogy game it will have a shelf life for multiple
    years since they are doing the sequels back to back.

    On 18 Sep 2005 11:13:59 -0700, "cpiel" <cpiel@verizon.net> wrote:

    >I think after NASCAR is WPT and POTC. These will apparantly have
    >Stern's new hardware platform as well.

    I hear ya. I *love* the theme and I pray dear God that they make it right ;)

    Vic Ireland wrote:
    > Pirates could rock. Put the side of a ship on the right and have
    > three cannons pointing to the right. They could load like the sword
    > lock in LotR, and put one ball in each cannon, then shoot across the
    > playfield onto an opposing side wire ramp when multiball starts.
    >
    > If they do it as a Trilogy game it will have a shelf life for multiple
    > years since they are doing the sequels back to back.
    >
    > On 18 Sep 2005 11:13:59 -0700, "cpiel" <cpiel@verizon.net> wrote:
    >

    >>I think after NASCAR is WPT and POTC. These will apparantly have
    >>Stern's new hardware platform as well.

    --
    Cliffy - CARGPB2
    A passion for pinball!
    http://www.passionforpinball.com

    what is wpt?

    In article <EIWdnfO8edatZrDeRVn-qQ@rogers.com>,
    "astill entertainment" <astillentertainment@rogers.com> wrote:

    > what is wpt?
    > "Cliffy" <crinear@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > > Yes WPT is scheduled for the new hardware. ETA? Who knows? :)
    > >
    > > cpiel wrote:
    > >> I think after NASCAR is WPT and POTC. These will apparantly have
    > >> Stern's new hardware platform as well.
    > >>

    > > --
    > > Cliffy - CARGPB2
    > > A passion for pinball!
    > > http://www.passionforpinball.com

    World Poker Tour????

    Forget it.
    Most home users prefer the Nascar here.

    --
    Met vriendelijke groet / With kind regards
    Hans Balk
    > European's may recognise Grand Prix as opposed to Nascar which may help
    > games sales. Manufacting costs, management and profit probably stop
    > people requesting the game of their choice (they don't want lots of
    > games sitting around unsold).
    >
    > Ping

    Nope...
    That's the special edition for England where they are used to drink P***

    Rest of Europe will take the Ice Cold Beer

    --
    "Rick Swanson" <rns510@charter.net> schreef in bericht
    > Harvey wrote:
    >
    > > I am really confused here why would Stern divide north america/europe
    > > for?.......Anyways on to my question here what is
    > there
    > > next pin for us in north america after nasscar?
    > >

    > Rumor has it that they will be building
    > a pinball machine based upon the popular
    > arcade game "Ice Cold Beer". It will be
    > marketed here in the US under that same
    > name. In Europe it will be marketed
    > under the name of "Luke Warm Ale". ;-)
    >
    > --
    > Rick Swanson
    >
    > Morristown, Tennessee
    > CARGPB6

    Daniel Tonks : <<I have to say that these are my exact feelings as
    well... first licensed
    Disney theme + Stern's new system + Keith's rules = guaranteed NIB
    purchase >>

    Disney theme might be too kiddie-ized but who knows till it is done.
    New system? Again, another unknown. Keith code? We have a
    winner....Frenchy

    GIVE THE CODE TO KEITH JOHNSON!!! I *PRAY* HE GETS TO DO THE CODE ON POTC!
    This is a guaranteed NIB purchase to be next to the NIB TSPP I have. I hope
    this preminition is correct!

    Brian

    <mikep28@omuonline.net> wrote in message
    > Maybe Stern will give this one to SR and his team :) That might make it
    > a good game. Im just not fancying PL games.

    > Yes WPT is scheduled for the new hardware. ETA? Who knows? :)

    Can we at least let Nascar develop a *bit* of wear (more than around the
    "wearinator") before skipping on to the next title?

    "Brian" <pinbalz@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > GIVE THE CODE TO KEITH JOHNSON!!! I *PRAY* HE GETS TO DO THE CODE ON
    POTC!
    > This is a guaranteed NIB purchase to be next to the NIB TSPP I have. I
    hope
    > this preminition is correct!

    I have to say that these are my exact feelings as well... first licensed
    Disney theme + Stern's new system + Keith's rules = guaranteed NIB purchase
    (would be my first since TSPP as well).

    However I thought I heard that Keith was doing WPT, and if he's doing that I
    can't see him also doing POTC right afterwards. I'd still buy it though, as
    long as it had some other redeeming qualities. I just hope that Stern
    realizes that POTC is an absolutely killer theme and needs to be given the
    royal treatment in terms of design, toys, rules, audio and so forth...

    - Daniel

    LStarrASL wrote:
    > yeah, give a game a abbriviation before it comes out.

    Actually, POTC was given as the nickname to the ride years ago in the
    Disney boards.

    Brian

    in a POTC game, I think it would be cool to have a fort on one side,
    and a ship on the other. Have the ship fire into the fort (like the
    ride). Maybe some shots on the fort also like in MM. I would buy this
    NIB as well if the game is done right.

    Brian

    Yah, I might have to get one of these NIB. Then again, the wife will
    probably want a Pirates NIB...that's her favorite movie.

    I heard WPT will be Keith + SR + new system a while back. Its only a
    rumor I guess. I love poker and have seen every episode of WPT! This
    would be the first NIB for me.

    John

    Ditto here. I'm not really into the pin-designer/coder fanboy club as
    a rule, but the right theme+Keith = NIB for me as well. If PotC had
    him onboard, that's a mega plus.

    On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 02:08:09 -0400, "Daniel Tonks"
    <dtonks@sunstormADD-DOT-COM> wrote:

    >"Brian" <pinbalz@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >> GIVE THE CODE TO KEITH JOHNSON!!! I *PRAY* HE GETS TO DO THE CODE ON
    >POTC!
    >> This is a guaranteed NIB purchase to be next to the NIB TSPP I have. I
    >hope
    >> this preminition is correct!
    >
    >I have to say that these are my exact feelings as well... first licensed
    >Disney theme + Stern's new system + Keith's rules = guaranteed NIB purchase
    >(would be my first since TSPP as well).

    No kidding... I'm seriously contemplating picking up a LOTR because my
    wife is a HUGE LOTR fan. But if there's a POTC on the horizon, that
    could make for a tough call.

    Mitchelwb

    I'm hearing Feb/Mar of 2006. I'm not sure if Stern has announced its
    intention to produce two models next year, yet.

    "POTC" could be a very good theme for Stern- perhaps the best in a long
    time. This is the first I'm really hearing about this theme, and it
    sounds like good news ! I'm guessing that Stern would release the
    pinball after the second movie is released (early-mid July '06), and not
    after the third (hazy Summer 2007). Let's just hope the artwork of
    Keith Richards's scary head isn't too prominent !

    -Officer Francis Llewellyn 'Ponch' Poncherello

    Cliffy wrote:

    > Yes WPT is scheduled for the new hardware. ETA? Who knows? :)
    >
    > cpiel wrote:
    >
    >> I think after NASCAR is WPT and POTC. These will apparantly have
    >> Stern's new hardware platform as well.

    Do what I'm expecting to "have" to do - buy both. She wanted LOTR and I didn't
    take much convincing, and if Keith has much to do with the software and design
    for POTC, I'll be lining up again.
    "MitchelWB" <mitchelwb-rgp@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > No kidding... I'm seriously contemplating picking up a LOTR because my
    > wife is a HUGE LOTR fan. But if there's a POTC on the horizon, that
    > could make for a tough call.
    >
    > Mitchelwb

Games Video Games