Blurry/cloned text on new monitor

nemes1s666

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2011
Just bought an LG flatron E2211 LED monitor and immediately upon connecting it i've noticed what looks like ghosts of the original text behind and slightely to the right of the original text. This is making the text blurry, hard to read and in some cases hurts my eyes to look at.

Its extremely prevelant against backrounds of contrasting colours like steam and the League of legends client. I activated composite sync and its lessened how much the ghost text stands out, but has made the original text blurry. I've also tried multiple cables and everything is fully connected.
My specs are:

HD Radeon 6950
Intel core 2 duo E7400 2.8Ghz
foxconn G31MX motherboard
windows vista 32 4GB RAM

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Iscariath

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2012
I bought a Viewsonic 2453 and it had this very problem you are describing. I did return the monitor. I can't say if this is a problem with some monitor or some model.

MagicPants

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2006
If you have a second monitor, try that on the same machine. If it is fine, you know it's an issue with the monitor.

I've avoided LG in the past, but some of their new (and upcoming) releases makes my think they are getting serious about making quality monitors, so I'm interested to hear what people have to say about them.