MN-720 and XP SP2

I have a friend who has a new Belkin router ( no security set up yet), and
an MN-720 network card. The card works fine with the router when plugged
into a roommate's laptop that has XP installed but does not have SP2, but
fails to install and work with her laptop that has SP2 installed.
Is there a fix for this device and where do I find it for her? Seems to me I
recall a problem with this device or MS Broadband devices during SP2 beta
testing

Note: She had to do an HP recovery on this laptop using the recovery disks
and then installed XP SP2 over the XP home that the recovery installed.
Spyware removal. AV, Firewall, and WU have been loaded/accessed and the
system appears uptodate.

joker

Did you uninstall the BNU as I have been telling every Windows XP user
to do so?

bjrugg wrote:

> I have a friend who has a new Belkin router ( no security set up yet), and
> an MN-720 network card. The card works fine with the router when plugged
> into a roommate's laptop that has XP installed but does not have SP2, but
> fails to install and work with her laptop that has SP2 installed.
> Is there a fix for this device and where do I find it for her? Seems to me I
> recall a problem with this device or MS Broadband devices during SP2 beta
> testing
>
> Note: She had to do an HP recovery on this laptop using the recovery disks
> and then installed XP SP2 over the XP home that the recovery installed.
> Spyware removal. AV, Firewall, and WU have been loaded/accessed and the
> system appears uptodate.

What the hell us BNU?
Never having been on this particular newsgroup before, your XP support is
not familiar to me. I have never seen your posts on the 50 or so other MS
newsgroups I frequent.

"Joker" <no-spam@netzero.com> wrote in message
> Did you uninstall the BNU as I have been telling every Windows XP user to
> do so?
>
> bjrugg wrote:
>
>> I have a friend who has a new Belkin router ( no security set up yet),
>> and an MN-720 network card. The card works fine with the router when
>> plugged into a roommate's laptop that has XP installed but does not have
>> SP2, but fails to install and work with her laptop that has SP2
>> installed.
>> Is there a fix for this device and where do I find it for her? Seems to
>> me I recall a problem with this device or MS Broadband devices during SP2
>> beta testing
>>
>> Note: She had to do an HP recovery on this laptop using the recovery
>> disks and then installed XP SP2 over the XP home that the recovery
>> installed. Spyware removal. AV, Firewall, and WU have been
>> loaded/accessed and the system appears uptodate.

The download site
(http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/broadbandnetworking/10_DLoadMain.mspx)
has the latest update for the Broadband Networking hardware. What is
incompatible with SP2 is the pretty front end software in the previous
software. Use the drivers only for the device, and she'll be fine.

As for not seeing Joker's posts, you apparently haven't scanned through the
in this newsgroup.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

"bjrugg" <bjrugg@remove.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> What the hell us BNU?
> Never having been on this particular newsgroup before, your XP support is
> not familiar to me. I have never seen your posts on the 50 or so other MS
> newsgroups I frequent.
>
> "Joker" <no-spam@netzero.com> wrote in message
>> Did you uninstall the BNU as I have been telling every Windows XP user to
>> do so?
>>
>> bjrugg wrote:
>>
>>> I have a friend who has a new Belkin router ( no security set up yet),
>>> and an MN-720 network card. The card works fine with the router when
>>> plugged into a roommate's laptop that has XP installed but does not have
>>> SP2, but fails to install and work with her laptop that has SP2
>>> installed.
>>> Is there a fix for this device and where do I find it for her? Seems to
>>> me I recall a problem with this device or MS Broadband devices during
>>> SP2 beta testing
>>>
>>> Note: She had to do an HP recovery on this laptop using the recovery
>>> disks and then installed XP SP2 over the XP home that the recovery
>>> installed. Spyware removal. AV, Firewall, and WU have been
>>> loaded/accessed and the system appears uptodate.

True statement about previous posts. Never had a need to until she called.
Thanks for the info.

"Chris H." <winxpnews@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> The download site
> (http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/broadbandnetworking/10_DLoadMain.mspx)
> has the latest update for the Broadband Networking hardware. What is
> incompatible with SP2 is the pretty front end software in the previous
> software. Use the drivers only for the device, and she'll be fine.
>
> As for not seeing Joker's posts, you apparently haven't scanned through
> the previous information where this situation has been discussed numerous
> times in this newsgroup.
> --
> Chris H.
> Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
> Associate Expert
>

> "bjrugg" <bjrugg@remove.hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> What the hell us BNU?
>> Never having been on this particular newsgroup before, your XP support
>> is not familiar to me. I have never seen your posts on the 50 or so other
>> MS newsgroups I frequent.
>>
>> "Joker" <no-spam@netzero.com> wrote in message
>>> Did you uninstall the BNU as I have been telling every Windows XP user
>>> to do so?

joker

Try the following links.

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=joker+bnu&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&btnG=Google+Search

http://www.geocities.com/v_2joecr/images/bart_and_google_search.gif

Also you don't need to cuss. All it tells me is that you have a very
low IQ & are not worth helping.

bjrugg wrote:

> What the hell us BNU?
> Never having been on this particular newsgroup before, your XP support is
> not familiar to me. I have never seen your posts on the 50 or so other MS
> newsgroups I frequent.
>
> "Joker" <no-spam@netzero.com> wrote in message
>
>>Did you uninstall the BNU as I have been telling every Windows XP user to
>>do so?
>>
>>bjrugg wrote:
>>

>>>I have a friend who has a new Belkin router ( no security set up yet),
>>>and an MN-720 network card. The card works fine with the router when
>>>plugged into a roommate's laptop that has XP installed but does not have
>>>SP2, but fails to install and work with her laptop that has SP2
>>>installed.
>>>Is there a fix for this device and where do I find it for her? Seems to
>>>me I recall a problem with this device or MS Broadband devices during SP2
>>>beta testing
>>>
>>> Note: She had to do an HP recovery on this laptop using the recovery
>>>disks and then installed XP SP2 over the XP home that the recovery
>>>installed. Spyware removal. AV, Firewall, and WU have been
>>>loaded/accessed and the system appears uptodate.

Actually, I have a high IQ, lots of computer experience (probably more than
your age), and a very low tolerance for smarta**es. I prefer straight
forward answers to questions. Your moniker suits you to a tee.