RFM tech question

Hey all

Quick question on RFM, the "jumping aliens" on my game, it seems that
the one on the left is the only one that jumps up and down during game
play, but when I do the testing it makes the one on the left move then
the one on the right move.. So in test mode they both work, but during
play only the left one moves.. Any thoughts?

Thanks
Steve

Ironically I had the exact same problem a few days ago. I did a simple
rebuilt the the right martian, new coil sleeve, new bumper, new spring
and a cleaning. It fixed the problem and both martians now jump
identically (as far as I can perceive). I don't know why they might
wear differently but that did fix my problem.

Lloyd is right. I posted about this for AFM a long time ago but truly
I'll betcha thats yer problem :) missing rubber grommet :)

--
Cliffy - CARGPB2
A passion for pinball!

On 18 Sep 2005 17:45:08 -0700, drewgall@yahoo.com wrote:

>Ironically I had the exact same problem a few days ago. I did a simple
>rebuilt the the right martian, new coil sleeve, new bumper, new spring
>and a cleaning. It fixed the problem and both martians now jump
>identically (as far as I can perceive). I don't know why they might
>wear differently but that did fix my problem.

Interesting. My wife mentioned that the right martian on ours doesn't
jump as well as the left. I never noticed but will have to check it
out.

Cliffy, I just finished shopping it out, and installed my first Cliffy
protector... Very nice work my friend, it worked out great!

Steve

Power is different in test mode. Go over them, be sure the rubber grommet is
at the bottom where the plunger rests, be sure the rubber grommet isn't
sticky or anything. If the plunger rides lower in the coil, it doesn't get
as much power when activated. LTG :)

"Balboa Rules" <scascella@cox.net> wrote in message
> Hey all
>
> Quick question on RFM, the "jumping aliens" on my game, it seems that
> the one on the left is the only one that jumps up and down during game
> play, but when I do the testing it makes the one on the left move then
> the one on the right move.. So in test mode they both work, but during
> play only the left one moves.. Any thoughts?
>
> Thanks
> Steve

Lloyd, again you are AWESOME! I just lifted the playfield, and sure
enough, the non-dancing alien was missing the grommit.. Put a
replacement in, and he is DANCING!!

Thanks guys!

You rock!

Steve

Excellent! Ya know, it was Lyman Sheats himself who told me about the
possible missing grommet thing when I fixing an AFM long ago :) Glad for
all the help we get here!

--
Cliffy - CARGPB2
A passion for pinball!
http://www.passionforpinball.com

And Cliffy a part of you is in my game as well, nice job on the hole
protector, this was the first and without a doubt not the last of your
protectors I have put in a game!

Steve