Movies and Internet

travismontana

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2008
every time I put a movie on pause and then look up something either on Facebook, YouTube etc, after like 15 minutes or a bit longer I get the blue screen of death, I use firefox since its faster than IE, and it does it all the time, don't know if it does it on other internet access but I was wondering if anyone else had this problem. also just to say I overclocked my system by 18% that I always used the NVidia tools, been doing it for years, just to say.

make sure your running the newest version of firefox and flash and java. with flash make sure you set the hard drive pace to max. your bsod could be the system trying to wake up from sleeping. i would turn off power savings for the ethernet and hard drive..so that the hard drive does not got to sleep. the other issue could be that your running out of free ram or there a bad stick of ram. if your running a 32 bit windows..make sure your not losing a lot of free ram by running 20 non needed this at start up. run memtest from a usb stick or boot cd..check for bad ram.

travismontana

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2008

yes this is the only time I get the blue screen of death. I checked the memory with memory checker, system mechanic and also the bios start up before windows kick in. all say the memory has 0 errors. checked the disks, running good and at 95%, and my zotac is cool and running smoothly, ever since I upgraded he driver to it, from Octobers driver to the last few updates its been doing it, but I needed the updated drivers for the games I play, doesn't do it on them so I know its not the power supply, maybe because I overclocked it? have to see next time it happens ill copy the info and repost it

You'd be surprised what can cause a BSOD. I've seen a lint ball (that's right) cause one. :bounce: