2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
14 to 16 . willing to sacrifice screen size for better battery life and portability
3. What screen resolution do you want?
do i need 1080p to play 1080p movies (on the laptop screen)? if not, 720p would suffice.
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
5. How much battery life do you need?
9 cell would be nice, but ok with 6 cell providing laptop has power & battery saving options (similar to nvidia's optimus)
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
yes, but not often. mostly fps , when i do. half-life 2, deadspace, bioshock2, mw2 and i guess newer fps titles.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)
some occasional HD video editting, definitely watching HD movies
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
500gb would be nice
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
been looking at asus lately, but maybe dell (for warranty), but open to suggestions, providing brand is reputable and offers decent warranty options
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
4-5 yrs would be nice
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
minimum a dvd writer; maybe optional bluray
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
must be at least core i5
Never heard of Clevo ? Well it's a good bet that most brands you have heard of don't make the laptop they selling you and you almost definitely haven't heard of the company that did make it.
The vast majority of laptops on the market are manufactured by a small handful of Original Design Manufacturers (ODM).
Major relationships include:
* Quanta sells to (among others) HP/Compaq, Dell, Toshiba, Sony, Fujitsu, Acer, NEC, Gateway and Lenovo/IBM - note that Quanta is currently (as of August, 2007) the largest manufacturer of notebook computers in the world.
* Compal sells to Toshiba, HP/Compaq, Acer, and Dell.
* Wistron (former manufacturing & design division of Acer) sells to HP/Compaq, Dell, IBM, NEC, Acer, and Lenovo/IBM.
* Flextronics (former Arima Computer Corporation notebook division) sells to HP/Compaq, NEC, and Dell.
* ECS sells to IBM, Fujitsu, and Dell.
* Asus sells to Apple (iBook), Sony, and Samsung.
* Inventec sells to HP/Compaq, Toshiba, and BenQ.
* Uniwill sells to Lenovo/IBM and Fujitsu.