Window 7 64-Bit Blue Screen of Death!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aznsoysauce97

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
Hi so I recently built a new computer system about a month ago. My specs are as follows:

Intel 930
Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R
Corsair 6GB DDR3 1600
Corsair 750W HX
Corsair H50 Water Cooler
Storm Sniper Case
Diamond Radeon 5770

For the first two weeks everything seemed to be fine. Then one day I turned on my computer and when the computer loads it says there has been a voltage change or overclock in the bootup process. I never overclocked my computer so I thought it was weird. I decided to restore my BIOS to the factory settings incase something might have happened that messed up the BIOS settings. Soon I began facing issues.

The first issue was when I played a 720p video on youtube. My computer would freeze up including the mouse and all keyboard functions. There would be a load buzzing noise coming from my speakers and I was forced to mannually restart my computer.

The second issue was that my computer took a long time to boot up. Soemtimes it would boot up then when the login window was suppose to reappear, it would restart instead.

The third issue is when I play Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2. After playing it and turning off my computer. When I turn it back on it would take forever to boot up and then the resolution would be all messed up.

So this weekend I decided to troubleshoot my problems. After dealing with it for 2 months. Yes I know. -___- So first I backed up all my files. Then I did a clean reboot. I cleared my whole C drive and reinstalled Windows 7 64 bit. I suspect that my video card is the one causing all this issue but it doesn't make sense why the long boot up when I turn on my computer would be related to the video card (I'm sorry if I'm incorrect about this but I'm an amatauer. This is my first time building a computer). So the first thing I do after reinstalling Window 7 is I install the graphics card update driver. After installing the driver it asks for a reboot. So I click restart now and after my computer boots up I get a Blue Screen of Death. It says the following:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 116
BCP1: FFFFFA8007FFC010
BCP2: FFFFF880041AD02C
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000002
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\042410-23571-01.dmp
C:\Users\Kevin Vuu\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-46176-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

I don't know whats wrong but if someone can give me some help it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Solution
Go to www.cpuid.com and download hardwaremonitor. Give us a screen shot so we can see what your temps and voltages are after running this program.

I would guess in the beginning its a driver issue but if you have reinstalled everything and still get the same problem you have either installed another faulty driver or your temps could be off...

Matan Eldan

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2010
Please make sure that you don't have any leaks from your water-cooling system.
Leaking issues in water-cooling systems for PC's are pretty common, and you should check it out.

Also, try to leave only one dimm of RAM memory plugged in to the Mother-Board.

Please let me know if that helped you, so I'll be able to provide another solutions in case of need.

aznsoysauce97

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
The water cooling is not leaking. Its the Corsair H50 so its a all in one kit. The pump is attached to the radiator so all I have to do it mount the pump on top of my CPU and the radiator to the back fan.

I tried the one dimm of RAM method too and it still behaves the same way.

Current situation. Every time I boot up the system, after the windows logo pops up I get a black screen. After around 5 times of manually resetting it will I get the login screen to appear. But even when it appears it will looks like the following.

IMG_0142.jpg

I have found a way to fix this though. If I login. Then log out. The screen will flicker and the black area around the screen will disappear and the screen will be fixed. Although this may fix it temporary it still doesn't fix the issue that it takes me several manual restart to get my computer to load and when it does load the screen is messed up.

Blue screens are normally either due to memory problems or driver problems (particularly video drivers). To eliminate memory problems run a memory test program overnight. You said that you have installed the latest video driver for your card, try installing an earlier version. As regard the slow boot up try clearing your CMOS memory.

aznsoysauce97

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
I ran the MemTest overnight when I first built the system a little over 3 weeks ago. Everything passed. As for clearing my CMOS memory? I don't know exactly what that is but since everything is new what would be the point in clearing it? Do I clear it via BIOS?

Switch off, pull the power cable and open the case. Ping the little shiny battery off the motherboard and have a cup of coffee while it sits outside the machine for ten minutes. I can't personally see it fixing your problem but it's always nice to take a break.[/#000ff]

fishyfish

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2009

Log on as Administrator, change screen resolution to whatever your monitor supports and reboot PC. Any better?

Go to www.cpuid.com and download hardwaremonitor. Give us a screen shot so we can see what your temps and voltages are after running this program.

I would guess in the beginning its a driver issue but if you have reinstalled everything and still get the same problem you have either installed another faulty driver or your temps could be off...

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.