P4Man

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2004
Can you enlighten us again how this stess test shows intel 840EE is better than AMD for "business use" with its slow 5000rpm fan when it makes the cpu run around 90°C constantly, causes reboots, an overheating northbridge ? I'm just curious, cause I'm slightly confused... was it because it could be used in a bright yellow BTX case or what ?

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my wife. =

P4Man

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2004
I guess it depends.. when it crashes, does it still run at 90°C ? If so: good choice indeed. If not, well you'd have to keep restarting your heater, not so practical :D

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my wife. =

P4Man

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2004
Why bump it ? :)
seriously, the other one was getting way too big. now let this one die, with the (german) update we know better what is going on.

leonov

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Porkster (a total stranger) shows up during the controversial stability tests with a clearly untenable viewpoint. Is it not clear that Tom (or someone working for him) is just trying (and succeeding) in attracting a lot of attention. It requires little knowledge and understanding but generates a huge number of hits and presumably massively increases his revenue.

This is my last visit.

L