who repairs lockdown bars

i have several lockdown bars that need to be welded and repaired so
they look like new again
anyone do this
jeff

I sent one to Mark Bakula? in Mich., I think I have the name correct,
did a decent job. Welds were gone and finish was satisfactory. I
believe he reads the group here.

Al

You can always rivet them back together, but some feel that the rivet
heads detract too much from originality. I found a 3/16" steel rivet
with a upper "plate" built in that is extremely strong and looks pretty
damn good, polishes up nicely, plus it is very low profile. It's just a
standard Ace hardware steel rivet - you'll know what I'm talking about
if you look at their selection of steel rivets. For me, it beat the
hell out of the rusty carriage bolts and nuts that the previous owner
had used to reattach the lower bracket. If this isn't an option for
you, than disregard this. If you have a pop rivet tool already and
don't want to screw around with seeking out your local welder, then
give it a try on one and see what you think. Of course, if you aren't
happy with it, then your local welder is going to have to add some
extra braze and polish out the holes that you left from your riveting
experiment...

Take them to any local welding shop and have them spot welded.