MS Frankenstein Roll quickie

Mine seems to work fine but when I turn it on, it yells FRANKENSTE..
Not the complete word. Cuts off the last 2 letters. However when I
hit the start button and the game begins, it says FRANKENSTEIN
completely. Wondering if its just a audio glitch.

Thanks,

Mike
7 answers Last reply
More about frankenstein roll quickie

    I had one and it did the same thing probably a software glitch.

    BlackTiger wrote:
    > Mine seems to work fine but when I turn it on, it yells FRANKENSTE..
    > Not the complete word. Cuts off the last 2 letters. However when I
    > hit the start button and the game begins, it says FRANKENSTEIN
    > completely. Wondering if its just a audio glitch.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Mike
    This is normal for all of these era games by data east

    Thanks everyone. Glad to know its not an issue.

    Mike

    To quote Ace Ventura...RehaaaHaaaHaa Ealllyyyyyyy????? Which one my
    good man?

    In article <1127094240.937520.288550@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
    BlackTiger <caligallagher@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >Mine seems to work fine but when I turn it on, it yells FRANKENSTE..
    >Not the complete word. Cuts off the last 2 letters. However when I
    >hit the start button and the game begins, it says FRANKENSTEIN
    >completely. Wondering if its just a audio glitch.

    Just a startup sound that's getting cut off by the beginning of attract
    mode - IIRC when attract mode starts it cuts off all sounds, basically to
    make sure that no music is left over from match or game over or whatever.
    Depending on how long it takes the game to start up, it might or might not
    be cut off.

    Hope this helps,

    Orin

    --
    Orin Day | Women's Basketball Photos at http://www.dwhoops.com
    lobster @ |

    BlackTiger wrote:

    > Mine seems to work fine but when I turn it on, it yells FRANKENSTE..
    > Not the complete word. Cuts off the last 2 letters. However when I
    > hit the start button and the game begins, it says FRANKENSTEIN
    > completely. Wondering if its just a audio glitch.

    Interestingly, if you remove one of the cables to the sound board (I
    forget which) you will get the whole word and it trails on for a while!

    BlackTiger wrote:
    > To quote Ace Ventura...RehaaaHaaaHaa Ealllyyyyyyy????? Which one my
    > good man?

    IIRC, of the two ribbon cables which feed to the top of the CPU board,
    remove the smaller of the two (in terms of pin size) and that should do it.

    If not, let me know and I'll see if I can find out which one it is.

Audio Games Video Games