Thom Use Thermal Paste In Your P4 840EE Test !!!

Porkster

Distinguished
May 13, 2005
"Thom Use Thermal Paste In Your P4 840EE Test !!!"

The thermal pads that Intel supply are single use. If you move the fan around then you need to apply a new pad or use liquid thermal paste instead. I have a good thought that you move the fan and disturb the pad, causing higher than normal temps.

On my P4 I used white thermal paste and got a 10c difference in temperature. It's the better way to go. Also the thermal pads in time dry out and break up easy.

Also you may need the latest Intel drivers from the Intel site, if using the Intel mobo chipset.

http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df-external/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=N&ProductID=2070&DwnldID=7524&strOSs=44&OSFullName=Windows* XP Professional&lang=eng

mozzartusm

Splendid
Sep 17, 2004
If you dont stop telling the staff what you think that we should or shouldnt do as well as continue to start flame wars, I will have no choice but to BAN you.

<font color=green>NED FLANDERS FOR PRESIDENT</font color=green> Its justa nother gansta PARTY!
Intel P4 Extreme(3.73)@<font color=green>5.6Ghz</font color=green>
Asus P5AD2-E-Premium
Crucial Ballistix DDR2 667@DDR2 855

dunklegend

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2005
BAN HIM, BAN HIM!

If there is a possibility of several things going wrong, the one thath will go wrong first will be the one that will do the most possible damage

Huh

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2004
If you dont stop telling the staff what you think that we should or shouldnt do as well as continue to start flame wars, I will have no choice but to BAN you.
[tongue in cheek]
Ban Porkster??? Why would you want to do that? It is obvious that Porkster is more intelligent than the entire staff at Tom's as well unwashed multitude of knuckle dragging moronic neanderthals that post here. Porkster makes Einstein look like a blathering idiot! We need someone with the infinite wisdom of Porkster
[/tongue in cheek]

Porkster

Distinguished
May 13, 2005
http://www.tomshardware.com/cpu/20050603/images/start.jpg

As we can see in the picture, the Fan+heat sink in the top of the picture is still holding a Thermal Pad on its base or the CPU is still bound. The pads are not supposed to be reused as they require proper fitting to have temperatures in range of datasheet specs.

Thom, please use thermal paste as it is required for a test like this where you are moving the fan with testing and other changes.

Thom you are abusing the requirements and guidlines for installing a P4 !!!

Porkster

Distinguished
May 13, 2005
This test is so flawed. How can you test the stability of a system if you have never got the system running properly before the start of the test!

The scores need reseting as soon as the systems are perfectly running (by being setup correctly and their OS installation perfect and ready to go!)

P4Man

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2004
<b><font color=blue>

Note to everyone: please don't feed this troll any further, do not answer. Consider this thread locked, let it die. Trolls only die by starvation. Thank you</b></font color=blue>

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my wife. =

Atolsammeek

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Hay Porkster Your so dumb you make pigs look smart. Dont you think Tomshardware knows to replace thermal Pad. And could it be they just took it off the cpu. Your just getting dumber. I would be useing artic silver 2 or 3. What ever is out right now.

Porkster quit talking from your Rear and use your brains.

pat

Expert

Oh.. common.. We were dreaming to have a troll for some time since Arnold left.. Now, that one is better than Arnold !!

<font color=red>Sig space for rent. make your offer.</font color=red>