TSSP upper eject problem

Been having a problem with my simpsons. Sometime when the ball is ejected
back into the playfield from the upper eject hole the ball will hit the side
of the outer loop rail and bounce back into the eject hole over and over,
sometimes causing a operator alert and shutting itself down. The game is as
level as can be. It just started doing this for no reason one day and its
really starting to hurt the game play. Is there anything else i can try?
Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks,
--
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.

Still looking for:
E.M. Charlie Angels pinball machine,$100 finders fee.....
E.M. Mata Hari Backglass.....FOUND!!!
2 answers Last reply
More about tssp upper eject problem

    John,

    Mine hasn't done this, but I have seen it on I think Getaway and
    Whirlwind. Try this. Raise the field and loosen the screws that hold
    the whole assembly to the playfield. See if the assembly will rotate
    the slightest bit (you probably want to try going counterclockwise)
    then tighten the screws back down. There's no arm to bend, just a
    straight plunger. Maybe try loosening the screws that mount the
    solenoid itself and see if it will adjust downward any at all.

    My 8BD would misfire the 8 ball eject and let the ball roll right back
    into the saucer. I tried everything and finally had to rotate the whole
    assembly and reinstall 3 of the screws in new spots. It works perfectly
    now.

    -cody
    CARGPB#4

    John P. Dayhuff wrote:
    > Been having a problem with my simpsons. Sometime when the ball is ejected
    > back into the playfield from the upper eject hole the ball will hit the side
    > of the outer loop rail and bounce back into the eject hole over and over,
    > sometimes causing a operator alert and shutting itself down. The game is as
    > level as can be. It just started doing this for no reason one day and its
    > really starting to hurt the game play. Is there anything else i can try?
    > Has anyone else had this problem?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > --
    > John P. Dayhuff
    > Battle Creek, MI.
    > (269) 979-3836
    >
    > Still looking for:
    > E.M. Charlie Angels pinball machine,$100 finders fee.....
    > E.M. Mata Hari Backglass.....FOUND!!!

    Thanks cody,

    I put two washers between the screw closest to the hole and to the
    playfield, it will hit make it hit the ball at a slightly different angle,
    so far so good.......

    Thanks again,

    --

    <cchunn3@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > John,
    >
    > Mine hasn't done this, but I have seen it on I think Getaway and
    > Whirlwind. Try this. Raise the field and loosen the screws that hold
    > the whole assembly to the playfield. See if the assembly will rotate
    > the slightest bit (you probably want to try going counterclockwise)
    > then tighten the screws back down. There's no arm to bend, just a
    > straight plunger. Maybe try loosening the screws that mount the
    > solenoid itself and see if it will adjust downward any at all.
    >
    > My 8BD would misfire the 8 ball eject and let the ball roll right back
    > into the saucer. I tried everything and finally had to rotate the whole
    > assembly and reinstall 3 of the screws in new spots. It works perfectly
    > now.
    >
    > -cody
    > CARGPB#4
    >
    > John P. Dayhuff wrote:
    > > Been having a problem with my simpsons. Sometime when the ball is
    ejected
    > > back into the playfield from the upper eject hole the ball will hit the
    side
    > > of the outer loop rail and bounce back into the eject hole over and
    over,
    > > sometimes causing a operator alert and shutting itself down. The game
    is as
    > > level as can be. It just started doing this for no reason one day and
    its
    > > really starting to hurt the game play. Is there anything else i can
    try?
    > > Has anyone else had this problem?
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > > --
    > > John P. Dayhuff
    > > Battle Creek, MI.
    > > (269) 979-3836
    > >
    > > Still looking for:
    > > E.M. Charlie Angels pinball machine,$100 finders fee.....
    > > E.M. Mata Hari Backglass.....FOUND!!!

Games Video Games