Third stress test update in german

P4Man

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2004
<A HREF="http://www.tomshardware.de/cpu/20050603/index.html" target="_new">http://www.tomshardware.de/cpu/20050603/index.html</A>

Quick translation (no guarantees, Im not native german speaking either):

->This afternoon they discovered the P4 ran far too hot (no kidding), and the fan didn't spin fast enough. The cooler they used came with their intel MB (so doesnt explain any of the other failures/reboots), and is specially designed for the dual core chip, but they swapped it for another one that also came with that mb (?) apparently intel is still working on the coolers or something, as both are being supplied with the MB kit (?)

To further eliminate any potential causes of trouble, they also swapped the PSU on the intel system for a brand new Enermax EG485AX-VHB 480 Watt. They say that any other issues now would have to be cpu related.

They also mention the AMD system has not shown any problem whatsoever since it first booted.

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my wife. =<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by P4Man on 06/08/05 05:13 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

HansGruber

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2005
Cooling solutions provided by intel are not efffective enough, intresting.

Also in one finnish site temps were +90 C with boxed cooler, so it's normal temp for Intel DC.

This test is not fair if some extreme cooling solutions are used.
THG should stick with reference designs and coolers, those are Intels engineer recommendations !

P4Man

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2004
90°C cant be considered "normal". It starts throtteling at around 70°C !

Does someone have enough influence at THG so that their email actually gets read by the staff ? If so, please ask them to run this app on the P4:
<A HREF="http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4431.html" target="_new">ThrottleWatch 2.01</A>

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my wife. =

P4Man

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2004
Oh and do tell them to increase the thread priority for the DivX task. now the AMD system is effectively running 3 benchmarks, and the intel system running 4. And tell them to chart Far cry runs, not FPS. and tell them.. oh well.. to give up their jobs and let someone else with more sense and skill take their place.

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my wife. =

liquidpaper007

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2005
<A HREF="http://Babelfish.altavista.com" target="_new">http://Babelfish.altavista.com</A>

just put the link in the url spot in the box and it will translate it

jmwpom3

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2005
That's pretty cool.
Hadn't seen that one b-4. :)

<font color=blue> Failure is not an option -- it comes bundled with Windows. </font color=blue>

apesoccer

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2004
Thx

Wednesday, 8 June 2005: After the strains of the last days and a gradual containment of possible sources of error with the Intel system hopefully the situation relaxes. In the morning against 5.20 o'clock accomplished the system a restart and bench mark against 10 o'clock was again started. But a substantial error was finally found in the afternoon: The exhaust of the box OD radiator of Intel worked with a too low number of revolutions, so that the CCU warmed up on up to 89 degrees Celsius. Intel as well as the Motherboard kit D955X supplied the radiator - it is particularly developed for dual core CPUs. Both our measuring software and the Asus Tool, which is co-ordinated with the board, supplied identical data to the temperature. Since zirka 19 o'clock both systems run again perfectly - the AMD system does not prepare any problems since the start. New box OD radiator of Intel for dual core: Opposite the "old" box OD radiator the copper core was increased clearly and the exhaust number of revolutions was increased to scarcely 3500 U/min. Here again both CPU radiators are to be seen: On the left of the model, which led to high temperatures and on the right of the current radiator for better cooling. It has the appearance, Intel even still is at conditioning, since both variants are contained with the Motherboard kits. The differences of the two box OD variants of Intel: The right radiator is equipped with a more solid copper core. In order to exclude all errors with the Intel system, the power pack of the type Turbo-cool 850 SSI was replaced as a precaution by a brand-new Enermax EG485AX-VHB with 480 Watts of power output. Thus further errors are limited only to the Intel CPU themselves. In order to manufacture a purchase to the availability at the market, here the reference is appropriate that AMD and Intel want to offer their dual core CPUs starting from June. And this month began already, appropriate processors is not yet in view. Change: The 480 Watt strong power pack of Enermax took up its work now.
F@H:
AMD: [64 3000+][2500+][2000+ down][1.3x2][366]
Intel: [X 3.0x3][P4 3.0x2][P4 2.4x5 down][P4 1.4]

"...and i'm not gay" RX8 -Greatest Quote of ALL Time

Atolsammeek

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
As 90c being close to 200f. 85c is 185f Can we say Heater. My system running around 36c 96f. Must be really hot for Amd 64 3000+ hehe. NOT. I played doom 3 and simcity 4 105f was the temp

mozzartusm

Splendid
Sep 17, 2004
They know how serious this is. Dont think for a second that this forum is the only place thats bouncing off the walls. Im sure their in DAMAGE CONTROL mode at this point.

<font color=green>NED FLANDERS FOR PRESIDENT</font color=green> Its justa nother gansta PARTY!
Intel P4 Extreme(3.73)@<font color=green>5.6Ghz</font color=green>
Asus P5AD2-E-Premium
Crucial Ballistix DDR2 667@DDR2 855

HansGruber

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2005
<A HREF="http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=64950&page=1&pp=25" target="_new">Lots of damage control needed</A>

Some one looking for a Kobe Tai gets that thread as a search result.. :lol:

And there is lots of other places, but those are full of piggys troll posts.

endyen

Splendid
Did you look at the two hsf units? You have to be some dumb to use the one they put on first. Mind you, for long term use, that second puppy will fill with dust very quickly.
You have to wonder who is putting these rigs together.

dunklegend

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2005
mmmmm Kobe Tai

If there is a possibility of several things going wrong, the one thath will go wrong first will be the one that will do the most possible damage