MSN Messenger No Longer Automatically Signs Me Into MSN Ga..

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.zone,microsoft.public.games.zone.board,microsoft.public.msn.discussion,microsoft.public.msn.messenger (More info?)

I usually get to the MSN Gaming Zone website through use of MSN Messenger's
tab (the one with the joystick). This used to automatically sign me in using
my MSN user name and password. However, about a week or two ago, it stopped
doing this. I don't know if this change was intentionally made for security
reasons, because of a problem on the servers, or something else, but I liked
not needing to sign in when I was coming from MSN Messenger (I had to sign
in to MSN Messenger, so it's not like my username and password weren't being
entered). I don't know what everyone else's opinions on this are, but if
anyone has any info as to why MSN made this change, I would be interested in
knowing. Thanks.
--
Nathan Sokalski
njsokalski@hotmail.com

Hello, "Nathan Sokalski" <njsokalski@hotmail.com>!
You wrote on Wed, 2 Feb 2005 23:25:24 -0500:

NS> I usually get to the MSN Gaming Zone website through use of MSN
NS> Messenger's tab (the one with the joystick). This used to automatically
NS> sign me in using my MSN user name and password. However, about a week
NS> or two ago, it stopped doing this. I don't know if this change was
NS> intentionally made for security reasons, because of a problem on the
NS> servers, or something else, but I liked not needing to sign in when I
NS> was coming from MSN Messenger (I had to sign in to MSN Messenger, so
NS> it's not like my username and password weren't being entered). I don't
NS> know what everyone else's opinions on this are, but if anyone has any
NS> info as to why MSN made this change, I would be interested in knowing.
NS> Thanks. --
NS> Nathan Sokalski
NS> njsokalski@hotmail.com
NS> www.nathansokalski.com

Just out of curiousity, when you go to any of the other tabs, do you have to
sign in also? If so, then you may want to check inside of Tools --> Options in
Messenger. In the Privacy Tab, make sure you don't have a check mark in the box
by "Always ask me for my password when checking Hotmail or opening other .NET
passport-enabled web pages."
Let us know if that helps or not. Otherwise, the only thing I can think of is
that the specific site doesn't allow for automatic sign in anymore. I haven't
gone to the site, so I'm not sure.

Patrick Dickey. E-mail: pd1ckey43(removeThis)@msn.com
---
Smile.. Someone out there cares deeply for you...

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.zone,microsoft.public.games.zone.board,microsoft.public.msn.discussion,microsoft.public.msn.messenger (More info?)

The only other tab I have ever used to sign in to a web site is the
Match.com tab, which still signs me in. I do not have a check mark in the
box by "Always ask me for my password when checking Hotmail or opening other
..NET passport-enabled web pages", so I know that is not the problem. It
probably is just the specific site stopping the automatic sign in, I was
just wondering if anyone else was noticing.
--
Nathan Sokalski
njsokalski@hotmail.com