Michael

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I'm considering just replacing the -17 MPU on the Night Rider I just picked
up rather than trying to repair the acid damaged original board. I know
there are a few different replacements out there. What's the group consensus
on the best one? I really don't want to spend $200 for the Alltek when I
just need it for one game. What are the other boards available?

All I really need to do to get this game up and running is repair/replace
the mpu and replace the terminal pins and connectors at the power supply.

Thanks,
Michael

Look on eBay....

All others are even more expensive.

--
Fred
TX

"Michael" <radius_sv*@*yahoo*.com> wrote>

> I'm considering just replacing the -17 MPU on the Night Rider I just picked
> up rather than trying to repair the acid damaged original board. I know
> there are a few different replacements out there. What's the group consensus
> on the best one? I really don't want to spend $200 for the Alltek when I
> just need it for one game. What are the other boards available?
>
> All I really need to do to get this game up and running is repair/replace
> the mpu and replace the terminal pins and connectors at the power supply.
>
> Thanks,
> Michael

Theres Tom Callahan's board, sometimes on sell for $150 shipped around
X-mas. $166 all other times. www.repairconnection.com I will be selling
some repaired boards here soon.

Michael I have a few repaired MPU's here. I could maybe find a nice one
and sell it to you. Usually ask $100, but since some other have been
selling them cheaper. How bout $75?

http://www.flippers.com/prt4sale.html

John Robertson will sell you a tested working board for $150, I don't
think you'll get much cheaper than that. Maybe you'll be able to pick
one up on ebay or at a show and resurrect it. How bad is the damage?
I've had boards that I swore would never work and just for laughs, went
to repair them. One of them looks like hell but it works and still
works after having been in storage for a year..... while my other
machines with clean boardsets had some problems after putting them back
together.

jknight

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2003

Michael wrote:
> I'm considering just replacing the -17 MPU on the Night Rider I just picked
> up rather than trying to repair the acid damaged original board. I know
> there are a few different replacements out there. What's the group consensus
> on the best one? I really don't want to spend $200 for the Alltek when I
> just need it for one game. What are the other boards available?
>
> All I really need to do to get this game up and running is repair/replace
> the mpu and replace the terminal pins and connectors at the power supply.
>
> Thanks,
> Michael

For what it's worth, I bought an UltimateMPU for use in a Stern Meteor.
I found that the customer support is excellent.

Jeff

It's your call, but I prefer putting in an Alltek board so I don't have
to worry about anything else on the mpu going bad for another 20 years.