Sign in with
Your question

Error 0x80300024 install windows 7 from usb to ssd

Last response: in Windows 7
December 23, 2012 6:46:47 AM

Hello,
Only Disk 0 Unallocated space appears, but shows total size 128GB when the drive is a Crucial 64gb SSD. Have tried: changing install usb port after closing intro then start the install but to no avail. I am stumped. I am not sure that I see the SSD listed in the BIOS. The drive is definitely seated (ACER ASPIRE ONE D260), but I don't know that it is in the lineup:
USB CDROM
IDE1:
IDE0: YATAPDONOG BAREFOOT-ROM
USBFDD:
Network Boot: Atheros Boot Agent
USB HDD: Generic USB SD Reader (the USB flash /SD drive that has W7 installation files)

When I browse for a driver I find:
Computer
Removable Disk (C: )
Boot (X: )

Help?
a b $ Windows 7
December 23, 2012 4:35:42 PM

That's your SSD
m
l
December 24, 2012 6:02:48 PM

phil22 said:

That's your SSD

Thanks Phil! Tried PartedMagic, running from USB but still find unallocated and could not format or partition. Took the drive out, attached to Win7 machine in ext. case, then ran DiskManager. The drive appears as 128 unallocated volume, but could not format/partition. Used some other apps to interrogate; same story, could not assess "health'. This was a surprise, as I bought 3 others at the same time, all happily working in desktops and laptops. Crucial is usually a good product, but I think this one is not. Do you have any other rec: to format/partition such a reluctant SSD? Cheers!
m
l
December 28, 2012 7:37:10 PM

While my question re means of formatting SSD remains, I came to the solution with crucial tech support. This particular SSD, one of the early iterations, has a small switch. It was in the 'tech' mode that they might use, but precluded my allocation, formatting, etc. Set correctly, everything proceeded flawlessly. Just an fyi...
m
l
Related resources
!